Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

930 Operating Handle Options

So I know Choate makes one, but I've seen much grumbling and mediocre opinions about it, and it isn't quite what I'm looking for; and the email address attached to any mention of the NOB has not sent a response since I sent one out to him over two weeks ago.
    What, if any, other options are out there?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you can ever get in touch with Craig, I would recommend the NOB. But he's been hard to get in touch with.
    The Mossberg enlarged handle should be becomming available at some point, and looks like it might be decent. It has not been released yet however.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah... it's like everybody makes cool big knobs for everything except the Mossberg... it's not like there's no market either. Frustration of frustrations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is wrong with the Choate handle? I recently ordered and installed one so would like to know what to expect.

Thanks
    Jim

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just not a fan of the shape more than anything else. It's more of a paddle than a knob, and just doesn't seem to lend itself to as many manipulation options as an over-sized cylinder like the Nordic and GG&G options for the Remingtons and Benellis.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok, as long as there wasn't something structurally/Mechanically wrong with it. I will be giving the Choate a full function test this weekend, if I don't prefer it I will find a replacement.

Thanks
    Jim

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is rather large and oddly shaped. Some people love them, some don't. I dont' know but I have heard that it causes some real estate disputes with some optic mountings due to its size and vertical positioning.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
    It is rather large and oddly shaped. Some people love them, some don't. I dont' know but I have heard that it causes some real estate disputes with some optic mountings due to its size and vertical positioning.
    Yeah, I have heard that quite a few of the oversized handles will not work well with Eotechs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been trying to get a hold of Craig for about 2 months now without success. I'm about ready to break down and have a machine shop buddy cut out something just like it... If I go that route, does anyone else want to get on board and spread the cost around? I've been told that heat treat is the expensive part ($65 for 1 or 1,000 - you pay for a tray, not quantity), but it ought to be a pretty low cost option if we split it a few ways. I really wish Craig would start turning out e-mails to save the trouble...

New pictures from Mossberg show a different style handle that is similar to the NOB, but it seems the Mossberg reps are unaware of it. This doesn't surprise me - I spoke with their customer service a few times this week on another 930-related issue, and I'm almost convinced they just farm the service out to a call center. The 3 reps I spoke with all seemed pretty clueless...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be interested in your supply option.

I to have been trying to contact Craig with no response.

Keep us informed.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - - Albert Einstein

Downloads
    Uploads
    3 firing sessions using the choate handle and so far I like it. The stock one was not all that bad except when I was wearing gloves I felt the need to visually check that I was grabbing the handle. With the Choate, there is no question I am grabbing it.

Still want to try it out with whatever new sling I get , but I don't think it will matter much. I don't expect to use an Eotech so this may be a mute point for me.

Like everything else, everyone should find what works for them :)

Jim

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry guys, I ran into a road block with having to return my gun to Mossberg. Now that everything is back in hand, I'm going to mail the factory charging handle to my buddy tomorrow and should have something to report back soon...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, no biggy, as long as you got your gun back and everything else is working fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a new player that is offering a 930 handle. It looks good, and when mine gets here I will be including it in my review. I don't know how good it is yet, but I'll pass the word on.

www.elitetacticaladvantage.com