Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stand by, let me dig out the HD7 and I'll get you those dimensions......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, ready to copy?

OAL: 5.48"
    Mount Base Length: 2.95"

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Part One and Two: Lucid HD7 RDS review is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Quib View Post
    Ok, ready to copy?

OAL: 5.48"
    Mount Base Length: 2.95"
    Wow, that was fast. Thank you, ill make a trip down to the safe with calipers and see what will work.

I am a pretty active member over on XDTalk.com, its nice to see other forums that are as helpful.

I am new to AR's and optics, handguns and me get along great.

Let me know if you need anything from that side of things

Thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads
    crap, flat top upper not long enough, i may have to go with Lucid's mount (100 dollars more ) or find a flat top riser that is atleast 7.5" long

hmmmmmmm

thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmp22 View Post
    Wow, that was fast. Thank you, ill make a trip down to the safe with calipers and see what will work.

I am a pretty active member over on XDTalk.com, its nice to see other forums that are as helpful.

I am new to AR's and optics, handguns and me get along great.

Let me know if you need anything from that side of things

Thanks again

Not a problem, glad to help. That's what we are here for and that is what the reviews are all about.....to help you, the end user, make a decision as to whether a particular piece of gear/equipment/kit will fulfill your needs.

Thanks for the offer of help. I'm an XD owner and member of XDTalk as well. Just haven't posted over there in a very long time. I'm the opposite of you LOL..... big AR guy, not much of a pistol guy.

Don't be a stranger, and welcome to Weapon Evolution.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a problem, glad to help. That's what we are here for and that is what the reviews are all about.....to help you, the end user, make a decision as to whether a particular piece of gear/equipment/kit will fulfill your needs.

Thanks for the offer of help. I'm an XD owner and member of XDTalk as well. Just haven't posted over there in a very long time. I'm the opposite of you LOL..... big AR guy, not much of a pistol guy.

Don't be a stranger, and welcome to Weapon Evolution.
    I have enjoyed my time here. Speaking of XDTalk, did I find you?

Quib-XDTalk.com
    Last edited by xdmp22; 11 May 2011 at 20:49.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to hear you like Weapon Evolution. Your link is not working, but that's most likely me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to hear you like Weapon Evolution. Your link is not working, but that's most likely me.
    oops, forgot the l in html, its fixed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent info, all of the pics and thorough review.
    The HD7 has left a very positive impression on me and now seriously thinking about picking one up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Jubz.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been thinking about an Eotech XPS, but held back for some reason. The HD7's multiple reticles feature, AAA battery and half the price just confirmed for me why I held back. The idea of $400+ just for a red dot just seemed overpriced regarding the technology.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thread necrosis here, but better. to bring an old one back instead of starting a new one.

How durable or rugged are these? How will they handle rough use and abuse? Rifle being dropped multiple times, being bounced around a trunk for a year, being hit against concrete walls when moving or taking cover. That sort of thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Thread necrosis here, but better. to bring an old one back instead of starting a new one.

How durable or rugged are these? How will they handle rough use and abuse? Rifle being dropped multiple times, being bounced around a trunk for a year, being hit against concrete walls when moving or taking cover. That sort of thing.
    I'll jump on the necrotic thread train. I have a couple of friends who don't have Aimpoint budget right now. Is this optic solid enough for HD/range duty? Right now they have Primary Arms RDS's, and I told them those are range/training only optics. How has the Lucid stood up, and is the quality "the same" across their product spectrum, or is the HD7 "the good one" (kindof like the Kel-Tec RFB)?
    Is anyone here using one longterm on a duty or hard-use carbine?