Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Quib View Post
    The reticles are in alignment with the optic itself. There were variances between the optic mounted on the weapon sitting in my maintenance stand, and the angle of the tripod and camera.

Given the equipment I have on hand to work with, providing a perfectly aligned video representation of the optic from the shooters view point is impossible. My sole intent with the video is to demonstrate the various reticles and features of the HD7.

If the reticle of the HD7 was internally off axis, I certainly wouldn’t have went forth with reviewing the optic, but would have promptly returned it to the mfgr.

Just checking :) It looks like a good quality optic... nice review =D
    Dynamically Scaled Oblique Flying Wing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-eTXIyYYQ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks.

Again, if I found the HD7 not worthy of review, I certainly would not have invested the time I have to date, culminating photos and data in an attempt to bring the readers of Weapon Evolution a quality unbiased review of a new product.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Quib View Post
    Again, if I found the HD7 not worthy of review, I certainly would not have invested the time I have to date, culminating photos and data in an attempt to bring the readers of Weapon Evolution a quality unbiased review of a new product.

I would be personally bothered if you wasted your time reviewing something that you didn't feel was worth it. We don't all need top of the line equipment that maxes out the price limit, but none of us here need bottom of the line equipment either.

I am very interested to see how this ends up working out after you have spent a month or three with it. I have mentioned more than once that I thought the optic world would start catching up with decent medium priced optics. Hopefully this will be one of those that does. I think the idea of running the optic off a single AAA battery is fantastic. They are easy to find, and easy to pick out of a drawer, unlike their smaller watch or photo battery counterparts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick,

I concur with your comments. I am especially excited about the idea of using very common batteries.
    Place your clothes and weapons where you can reach them in the dark. - R. Heinlein
    Always stand on principle, even if you stand alone. - John Quincy Adams
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest - A brave man may fail, but he cannot yield.

My Blog

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great review, this was the most info. I could find on this optic. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    Great review, this was the most info. I could find on this optic. Thanks.
    Thank you. I’m glad you found it informative.

ETA: And welcome to Weapon Evolution. Glad to have you onboard!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    We don't all need top of the line equipment that maxes out the price limit, but none of us here need bottom of the line equipment either.

I am very interested to see how this ends up working out after you have spent a month or three with it. I have mentioned more than once that I thought the optic world would start catching up with decent medium priced optics. Hopefully this will be one of those that does.

Yes Sir, I agree.

I’m looking forward to the upcoming range time with the HD7. My test bed for Part Two of the review will be the Spike’s 16” Piston Upper Receiver Assembly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bit the bullett, mine will be arriving tuesday. Thanks for the welcome.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quib,

Good Part Two Review. I know I am, as others probably are, really curious to find out how the Lucid holds up to a more "vigorous" course of fire. Nonetheless, I still am very curious about this sight.
    Last edited by chem_guy; 13 April 2010 at 11:17. Reason: syntax
    Place your clothes and weapons where you can reach them in the dark. - R. Heinlein
    Always stand on principle, even if you stand alone. - John Quincy Adams
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest - A brave man may fail, but he cannot yield.

My Blog

Downloads
    Uploads
    Received my HD7 today, so far i'm impressed. Clear glass, nice reticles, crisp dot, solid mount. The part I was most concerned with, the turrets, don't seem to be easily moved out of zero. Heading to the range monday to zero.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chem_guy View Post
    Quib,

Good Part Two Review.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chem_guy View Post
    I know I am, as others probably are, really curious to find out how the Lucid holds up to a more "vigorous" course of fire. Nonetheless, I still am very curious about this sight.
    Understandable, but I’m afraid I wouldn’t be the guy for that task. In this case, someone more in that “line of work” would have to step in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    Received my HD7 today, so far i'm impressed. Clear glass, nice reticles, crisp dot, solid mount. The part I was most concerned with, the turrets, don't seem to be easily moved out of zero. Heading to the range monday to zero.
    Excellent.

Please keep us all informed. I look forward to your report.

Downloads
    Uploads
    QUIB - Thank you for a objective and through review. Well done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCIDHD7 View Post
    QUIB - Thank you for a objective and through review. Well done.
    Thank you, and you’re welcome.