Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my HD7 from Jason awhile back and I like it alot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quib,

A couple questions about the design of the optic and its cowitnessing ability. Is this a true non-focussing RDS (e.g., Aimpoint, Eotech) or is this a prism-designed optic that focuses (e.g. Leupold Prismatic, ACOG)?

I've heard that the prism-designed optics don't allow cowitnessing, or at best it's good for only a short range. Have you tried shooting through your irons at longer ranges (50, 100 yards), and if so, does it allow cowitnessing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    Quib,

A couple questions about the design of the optic and its cowitnessing ability. Is this a true non-focussing RDS (e.g., Aimpoint, Eotech) or is this a prism-designed optic that focuses (e.g. Leupold Prismatic, ACOG)?
    As far as I understand the design of the HD7, the optic does not use a prism, but is based more along the design of the Aimpoint.

The exact design of the inner workings of the HD7 would be a good question to present to the Mfgr, Mr. Jason Wilson. He is the Weapon Evolution member “LUCIDHD7” who posted at the end of page two. You might want to IM him so that he can personally reply here in this thread, to any questions you may have.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...o=newpm&u=5547

Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    I've heard that the prism-designed optics don't allow cowitnessing, or at best it's good for only a short range. Have you tried shooting through your irons at longer ranges (50, 100 yards), and if so, does it allow cowitnessing?
    I have not tried shooting using a BUIS through the optic, but because of the design, do not foresee a problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanx. Will do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Quib View Post
    As far as I understand the design of the HD7, the optic does not use a prism, but is based more along the design of the Aimpoint.

The exact design of the inner workings of the HD7 would be a good question to present to the Mfgr, Mr. Jason Wilson. He is the Weapon Evolution member “LUCIDHD7” who posted at the end of page two. You might want to IM him so that he can personally reply here in this thread, to any questions you may have.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...o=newpm&u=5547

I have not tried shooting using a BUIS through the optic, but because of the design, do not foresee a problem. I have more range time planned for the HD7, and can add shooting through the irons to my list.
    The HD7 is not a prismatic design. Also not based on the the design of the Aim point.

As for the inner workings of the HD7 there is some stuff I can share and some I simply won't. I received the IM, and Wanted to respond. The HD7 will allow co-whitnessing. it is a lower 1/3 co-whitness, and I have has shooters use the iron sights and dot combo to engage targets out to 300yds with out issue. The mounting of the optic becomes tricky unless you have forward rail when using the 2x magnifier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for clarifying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Jason for the quick response, and I stand corrected regarding the reference to the AimPoint design.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jason,

Regarding my statement above with the similarities of the HD7 and Aimpoint designs:

My response to Jmart was based off my initial visual inspection of the internal workings of the HD7 which are visible through the optics lenses. From this inspection it appears that the HD7 uses an LED emitter and projects the light emitted in a similar fashion to the Aimpoint. (See illustration below.)

If this is not the case, can you possibly expand a bit on how the HD7 works?

Thank you in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I appreciate the interest in the HD7, However I am not going to share the internal workings of this product with the general public. There are some things that are simply not for the public. I hope you understand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCIDHD7 View Post
    I appreciate the interest in the HD7, However I am not going to share the internal workings of this product with the general public. There are some things that are simply not for the public. I hope you understand.
    Perfectly understandable given the possibility of patent or copyright infringement. Thanks for the reply.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quib, you are not implying that LUCID is infringing on a patent are you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCIDHD7 View Post
    Quib, you are not implying that LUCID is infringing on a patent are you?
    LOL.....just the opposite.

I can understand that you might want to restrict the information you give out about the HD7 because of copy-cats. Never implied in the slightest that you were infringing on an existing patent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A little clarification regarding my above post.

There seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding regarding my post above referencing patent or copyright infringement.

I am in no way implying that Lucid is infringing on an existing patent with the HD7. I’m simply stating that as a manufacturer it is perfectly understandable that one might want to keep some things quiet regarding the design of a product. And with that said, I can respect Jason’s decision to do just that.

With as many questions as we’ve seen fielded regarding the HD7, I was simply trying to get a bit more technical background information for our readers and membership.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quib, Thank you for clearing that up. I appreciate your professionalism and all the work you have done in reviewing the HD7 objectively.

Thanks again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry for the stupid question, but If I buy this instead of an EoTech and am not 100% satisfied with it will you take it back?