I am always on the hunt for new magazines for M16/AR15 rifle platforms, with the magazine normally being the weakest link. I have used everything from standard issue aluminum GI magazines, the British SA80 steel magazines, Orlites, and even the H&K magazines.

For the cost, weight and reliability I would have to say the PMAGS are tops in all these categories. I find the polymer magazine bodies to be stronger than other "plastic" or aluminum magazines, and weigh considerable less loaded than the steel magazines. The anti-tilt followers are great for positive feeding of cartridges in both experienced (older) and new weapons.

A big plus I have found is the base plate covers the bottom of the magazine body rather than sitting flush with the body. When other magazines are dropped repeatedly I have found the base of the body, or the retaining feet to crack and occassionally the base plate to go flying along with the spring the follower and all the remaining ammo. I like MAGPULS design in that the base plate covers and surrounds the bottom protecting the mag body.

The magazines do show wear and tear but don't seem to suffer from it. They scuff and scratch with heavy abuse yet continues to function as designed.

I have shared these with my LE/MIL buddies and students who are also greatly impressed as am I.

Dutch