Downloads
    Uploads

*PINNED* Railed Gas Block?

What I'm looking for: A pinned gas block with bayonet lug, sling point, and a railed top. What I'm finding: Nothing that isn't a clamp type that has an upper and lower unit, something I'm not too fond of.

I'm willing to settle for a railed gas block that's hopefully pinned or at least the slide on type with two clamping screws at the bottom. Why is it so hard to fined pinned anything? It seems like the simplest and most robust method of mounting the gas block and none of us are regularly removing them. Even with the tapered pins it can't be terribly hard to manufacture. What gives? I figured with the wealth of knowledge here on specialized builds someone might have seen a gas block that might fit my needs. Any help would be greatly appreciated, or at least a pointer to a site to browse through lots of gas blocks. No luck at the obvious place, Brownells.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The gas block is installed on the barrel, then drilled and reamed for the pin.
    If you were expecting to take off your front sight and find a gas block that matches the hole in your barrel you are out of luck.

Not many people are set up to drill gas blocks at home and the selection of aftermarket gas blocks reflects that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that was something I wasn't aware of. I thought they were all to a uniform Mil-Spec size. How do people replace their pinned gas blocks with another pinned gas block then? I'm sure people have done this quite frequently since those are the most common type of gas block .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pinned gas blocks are quite rare, though getting more common.

Some barrels are available with a pinned gas block like ours, or you will need to find a gunsmith who can do the work.