Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

HammerHead Rifle Tool

Info direct from the source:
    The Hammerhead Rifle Tool Company is proud to announce the availability of its “HammerHead Assault Rifle Tool”. The tool is designed for multiple uses on the AR-15 / M16 and M4 as well as other assault rifle variants.

The center of the tools function revolves around the Patent Pending, four point contact, castle nut wrench. Features include bombproof .187“ thick, heat-treated 1095 spring steel with a Mil-Spec black oxide finish. Also available, the ultra light, combat field deployment version made from solid .183” hard anodize, 6Al-4V titanium plate.

The HammerHead Rifle Tool is proud to be 100% Made in the USA with all American Materials and workmanship and we stand behind our product with a limited, Life-Time Warranty. This will be the LAST castle nut tool you'll ever buy. Period.

Functions include:

• Tighten/remove castle nut on mil-spec and commercial receiver extension tubes with Patent Pending Four-Point contact wrench and stabilizing “hammerhead” handle.
    • 3/4" Flash Hider Wrench
    • 3/8” Torque Wrench Hole for proper tightening
    • 5/8 “ A-2 style receiver extension tube wrench
    • Receiver takedown and pivot pin punch

This tool was designed to ease the frustrations that every armorer, both professional and amateur alike have experienced while trying to remove or install the receiver extension castle nut during a rifle build or take-down. What’s been missing is a tool that actually works, no vise needed, no damaged castle nuts or tubes and no broken wrench half way through the job. Staked or not, the HammerHead Rifle Tool breaks free the toughest, torqued castle nuts on both Mil-Spec and Commercial receiver extension tubes. Re-tightening to spec is a cinch with the 3/8” torque wrench slot.

I started HammerHead Rifle Tool with the idea for a “better mouse trap”. “Too many broken wrenches and torn up castle nuts finally led me down the path to designing and manufacturing my own solution…The HammerHead Rifle Tool”. I'm currently a Tactical Flight Officer and Special Teams member with an Oregon Sheriff’s Office.

Many users of the AR15/M16/M4 may never have the need to remove the receiver extention locking nut, often referred to as the castle nut. However, the military, law enforcement or commercial armorer will most likely have to take on this task on a somewhat regular basis and having the right tool for the right job makes life much easier. The locking nut retains the receiver end plate, which in turn retains the takedown pin detent and spring. If the locking nut come loose, spontaneous disassembley can occur, most likely at the most inopportune time. Therefore, most properly built sliding buttstock assemblies will have the end plate staked to the locking nut to prevent the locking nut from rotating off. Now disassembly of the parts will require enough force to overcome the staking. Also, some manufacturers have gone to using a thread locking compound in lieu of staking. There are four notches for the wrench to engage during disassembly, but most tools usually contact three of the four. Also, many tools are of mediocre quality. The HammerHead tool engages all four notches to give the best contact possible. The configuration of the wrench also gives the user the ability to use both hands, instead of just having one point of contact. The tool has a 3/8” square to accommodate a torque wrench if preferred for tightening the nut back down.

I found that the HammerHead tool was easier to use than those I have used in the past. Even solid Colt factory staking was easy to defeat. Machining was clean and there were no sharp edges in the wrong place. The ¾” flash suppressor slot fit the various muzzle devices I tried.

Even though the steel tool and the titanium tool are equally capable of doing the job, I have to admit that the titanium version is just plain cool.

Bob, aka HammerHead Bob, indicates that the tool has been put in the hand of our military armorers in the right places, as well as LE in the US. I’m impressed with this tool, can recommend it and I’ll be watching to see what other tools this company produces.

It is available at www.hammerheadrifletool.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    YouTube video:

Downloads
    Uploads
    solid tool

Downloads
    Uploads
    For additional information and pictures of the HammerHead Rifle Tool, you might want to check out the below link for an article I wrote up for Army Times.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...ad-rifle-tool/