Downloads
    Uploads

Tactical Innovations T15 stripped lowers

How are Tactical Innovations T15 stripped lowers? It’s the best lower around here for the price. I don’t live on the other side of the mountain and it’s the only lower I can find for less then $130.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the BDX and the detent capture screw is nice. No experience with their forged lowers but aside from the tension and detent screws I can't imagine they're much different than any other. You can get a Spikes lower with no rollmark for $85 right now on their website if you're looking to save cash.
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    How are Tactical Innovations T15 stripped lowers? It’s the best lower around here for the price. I don’t live on the other side of the mountain and it’s the only lower I can find for less then $130.

The ones I have are nice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The family and I are going to Sandpoint ID for the weekend and there is a gun shop that has them for $115 so I had the thought of picking one up. However when I emailed them about getting one if I was a Washington resident they said that they cannot sell a stripped lower to someone out of state.

The prices over here are nuts. I took a look at a place today and the lowest price for a lower was $175. And guess what brand it was? That’s right, it was a Tactical Innovations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Order directly from Tactical Innovations. They are sale priced at $99.99. Call them, they may have a list of FFL's that they can ship to to do the transfer for you. Locally it costs $15-20 for transfer fees. No sales tax this way either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the T15 BDX with the included stainless steel anti-walk trigger pins. I will be the first to admit that the pins are probably unnecessary and overkill, but when I bought it, it was on sale at Rainier Arms, so I said "what the hell." It can't hurt, and I bet there won't be too many people at the range that have a lower like it. It is a quality piece. I wanna say it was about $215 on sale? Can't remember for sure, it has been a while.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by reiswigt View Post
    Order directly from Tactical Innovations. They are sale priced at $99.99. Call them, they may have a list of FFL's that they can ship to to do the transfer for you. Locally it costs $15-20 for transfer fees. No sales tax this way either.
    Buy the time I pay shipping and transfer fees the price is about the same. What I would like to find is a dealer around here that has Aero precision lowers for $80. I’m going to take a look at a place on the other side of town later and see what he has.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have both the BDX and the regular T15 - they are both very nice. I will not buy another brand of lower from now on......well, unless I come across a great deal on a Noveske....anyway, they are 7075, EDM magwells, bullet markings, "multi" caliber - everything I wanted in a lower. I put my new T15 together this last weekend with a Stag LPK and used an RRA upper for a "function check" aka excuse to shoot (was curious about how the triggers in the Stag kits feel) - the upper was a VERY tight fit to the lower (no doubt partly because the upper is duracoated) - significantly tighter than the BDX lower that I have. I had no need for the tension screw, but it may come in handy when I get a more permanent upper for it.

BTW - their customer service is outstanding.......I am a big fan, in case it wasn't obvious...
    Last edited by DMGunn; 12 April 2010 at 23:13.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did some more looking around today and finally found a DPMS for $109.00. Not bad when you consider that another place I went to today had them on sale for $150. I’m not a big fan of DPMS’s lowers, because of the panther on the side, but for the price it will work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to hear you're making progress. I may be a bit late to post a response, but it doesn't hurt future readers. Both the forged and billet lowers are great. My only gripe was a batch of the lowers were released with a slight purple hue to them. Merely cosmetic and almost unnoticeable. Some people claim the rear of the integrated trigger guard on the T15BDX is too large and thus doesn't line up perfectly with some grips, which is true. However, I found it to pose no problems in comfort or functionality.

-rebelEMPIRE

Reference photo:

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used one on my build and it worked great. the fit was nice and tight, and everything lined up like it was supposed to.
    “If you can’t be counted on, you can’t be counted in”

-Burke
    “Down Here” by Andrew Vachss