Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gen4 Glock 22

Downloads
    Uploads

gen4 Glock 22

Has anyone shot one of new gen4 Glock 22 40 caliber? I'll be at the range next week and see how this runs against the gen 3 and RTF G22.

Warren tactical sight

Downloads
    Uploads
    Report back on that test will you. Oh and don't try to use those Gen3 mags in your new baby as I don't believe they will work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    The gen 3 mags do work, it's not ambi and you cannot switch the mag release to the right side of the frame. So far this Glock likes to shoot. most of the gen4 Glocks I've seen were the G17. Mines the only G22 here. More later.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 1250 trouble free rounds through me Glock 22 Gen 4. 650 of that are with either a Surefire X300 or Streamlight TLR2 hanging off the rail. I've only shot 180gr through mine. The recoil feels similar to .357SIG...meaning harder rearward recoil but hardly any muzzle flip. I'm using 3 dot Warren Tactical sights on mine too. I also have a NY1 trigger spring and a Ghost 3.5lb connector in there. I'm using the three mags that came with it and four Gen 2/3 mags. These work in the Gen 4s as long as you leave the mag catch as stock (right handed). I'm not using either of the two grip enlargers with mine. When I carry it I carry the FBI load...Winchester Ranger 180gr Bonded JHP.

I had the finger grooves removed, grip retextured and the triggerguard undercut on mine.

VA Arms Co FFL/SOT armorer
    certified HK-sidearms/S&W M&P/BUSHMASTER/GLOCK/SIG-Sauer LE/FNH-SCAR armorer
    competitive shooter sponsored by VA ArmsCo, W.A.R. rifles, BravoCoUSA, BCM, Bobro Engineering, Magpul, Magpul Dynamics, Hatfields Gunsmithing and Greeley Custom

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet

Downloads
    Uploads

gen 4 mag on the rightl

gen 4 mag on the top

Looking at the gen 3 and 4 mags, both have slot cut in the front of the mag-metal showing. The newer gen 4 mag has slots cut on both L/R. The follower if my aging eyes didn't fail me were #8 on the gen 3 and #9 on the gen 4-correct if I'm wrong here.

Both mags feed well, no hang ups and dropped freely from the pistol. My buddy from Seattle Police said they were looking into the new gen4 Glock 22.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice pictures! Gotm4 see you wasted no time in making it your own, glad to see I am not the only one were the finger grooves/ridges just don't work at least for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotm4, who did the work on your Glock 22?

Downloads
    Uploads

Gen 3 Glock 22 and the Gen 4 Glock 22, 500rds, working like a charm. More to follow

Downloads
    Uploads
    As of late, the rd count is at 500 rds of Winchester winclean 180 gr and Federal 180 gr JHP. Approximtely 100rds of winclean ammo was fired with a Surefire X300 light attached, there were no feelings of the light being shaken, loosened or any FTF to record. The mags used were the 3 new gen 4 mags that came with the G22 and another 3 gen 3 mags. Both gen 3/4 mags performed with no major problems. There was 1 slight hang up with the winclean ammo but no hang ups or FTF/FTE with the Federal ammo.

The range was both indoor and outdoor. The weather for the outdoor range was a sunny day with 74 degree temp with no wind-typical norcal weather this time of the year. My shooting partner was a retired LEO and former US Army airborne/stryker brigade noncom. My buddy had several novice shooters and 2 limited experienced shooters with him. The pistols used were the Glocks 35, gen 3 G23, G27, and the gen 4 G22. As we began the range fire from a static line fire, all shooters shot well with the Glocks. The 2 novice shooters using both the G35 and gen 4 G22 were impressed on how easy it was to shoot the Glocks.

One interesting issue did pop up, both novice shooters were women and they had a hard time racking the slide back and locking it back with the gen 4 G22. Perhaps the new dual recoil spring was a bit much. Even one of the limited experienced shooter-male had difficulty racking the slide. I did offered some encouraging motivation comments and they were able to rack the slide back finally after showing them several different methods to rack the slide back. They had no difficulty with the G35. An interesting moment, so I asked my wife to rack the slide on the gen4 G22, she gave me that look like every wife does and humored me, she did rack the slide back on her 1st try and said a choice word about the stronger spring, she never had a problem with the G19, racking the slide back.

As gotm4 mentioned his shooting experience, mine was similar, there was a sharper recoil with a slight noticeable less muzzle flip. I felt the recovery time from shot to shot was a hair bit faster-my impression. The gen4 G22 ate up all the ammo without any difficulty. I like this new gen4 G22, is it any better? I do like the new features and the larger mag release button was a welcome feature I liked-L/H shooter. I shoot both the gen 3 and 4 and will keep shooting both until I can figure out which I like. A side comment, a rookie cop was impressed with shooting our Glocks, he went out and got a G22 and shot a perfect score on the qual course.

All the shooters like the Warren tactical sights and this showed with their shot placement and grouping. The new shooters really enjoyed shooting and were impressed how simple the Glocks worked and easy to hold even with small hands. Needless to say the gen4 G22 held up well and when shooting on the move, rapid fire, and function test firing, there were no hick ups to identify. Since I am the 1st in this area with a 40 caliber gen4 G22, I got more attention then I wanted. The depart's armor who tested my gen4 G22 was like OK, everyone has to check this out because we've never seen one and everyone wants to shoot it. More to follow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I shot the indoor qual course for my depart and scored 100% hits. At the 15 yd kneeling, I found myself hitting the target near the top of the bowling pin. The Warren tactical front sight covered the top half of the target. I'll have to adjust for that. I was quicker with the Warren Tactical sights then the Mepro sights.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After 600 rds fired, the Glock gen4 22 was broken down and all parts examined. There were no signs of wear, I expected this at a low rd count. The G22 was passed round and many shooters who were currently shooting with the gen3 G22 were surprised by the muzzle flip or lack of. They wanted more trigger time and over the next few weeks I will be loaning this pistol out to other officers from various agencies and allowing them the chance to shot the lastest version of the G22. Many like the Warren Tactical sights. I will update and post pictures later on. Be safe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am updating this thread. After thinking about this and speaking with another staff here, it was in the interest of all of us.

A FYI story here, So since I bought my Glock gen4 G22 earlier this year, I've fired approximately 1200 rds through it, winclean 180 gr, American Eagle 180 gr FMJ, & Win/Fed 180 JHP, the last 500 using the AE, Win & Fed. I have been on the range for the past 2 weeks, in between shooters on line I ran my gun usually firing about 8 mags worth of ammo= 120rds, every other day. I took my Surefire X300 light off and replaced it with the Streamlight TLR-1 for the range. Earlier in the year, I shot with the X300 using winclean ammo, firing approximately 100 rds with no problems.

While on the range the other day, firing my 6th mag, the G22 had a FTE/ FTF, the slide was locked out of battery and would not rack back or go forward. A complete malfunction. I removed the mag which still had 9 rds left in it and I took the light off. I try to work the slide back, racking the slide to clear the malfunction, no such luck. The slide was locked up. No one was on the range so I walked the G22 over to a table, with the pistol facing down range, I hit the back of the slide on the table to work the slide into battery, this worked. I wasn't sure if the rd was hot, so after putting on eyes & ears, I walked onto the range and fire my G22, BANG, she went into battery. I worked the slide a few times and it seemed to have resolved the problem. I did not clean the gun, after all it was a Glock, tupperware battle gun.

I believed it was the Streamlight that may have caused the problem, so I switched back to the SF X300. At the range today, after firing 9 mags of ammo, Win/Fed 180 JHP. I had no problems. I usually run the pistol hard, double taps and spread fire drills. After getting home, I took the gun apart for cleaning, I removed the recoil spring assembly and placed it on the table. As I picked up the frame for cleaning, I heard a ping sound and saw the main larger spring popping forward past the plastic tip of the recoil spring assembly. I was surprised by this.

I called my local store where I purchased the the Glock and spoke with the Glock armor there and was told they would replace the recoil spring assembly with the current model "01" an improved recoil spring assembly. So if any of you are using the Glock gen4 G22, triple check the recoil spring assembly. Apparently, the 1st released batch of the gen4 G22 had problems with the recoil spring assembly. I thought it may have been the light source, now I'm thinking it's the defective recoil spring assembly. I read about this on various websites re the Glock gen4 G17 9mm. The Glock gen4 G22 is new. So FYI. I will get some pics posted when I can. Be safe all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Our department is transitioning to the Gen 4 Glocks come the first of the year. I'm not certain which sights we are aquiring so I was curious if yours came with Warren's standard or if those were an aftermarket purchase? Great thread and really good info on the spring. I will be checking that out as well!

gotm4...who or where did you have the stippling completed by?
    Adversity introduces us to ourselves

Facebook: Loess Hills Tactical