Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: gen4 Glock 22

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Warren Tactical sights are great. They are after market and cost a bit more then the standard Glock sights. Another good optional sight to consider are the 10-8 and Heine Glock sights.
    I was shooting against other officers who were using stanadard Glock sights and other known name brand nightsights. I was a bit quicker in getting on sights and follow up, sometimes that's all the differences in a gunfight. Be safe.

Downloads
    Uploads

Turkeys on the range, very tempting. Happy Thanksgiving Day all.

As you can see by the pictures, The G22 had a Streamlight TLR-1 attached. I fired the G22 with a SF X300 attached previously and this combination ran fine firing approximately 100rds. The slide locked out of battery. After removing the light, I could not rack the slide back. You can see in the picture, the recoil spring assembly at the front end of the pistol-nothing seemed unusual. Finally able to work the slide back into battery, the gun fired and I worked the slide, everything seemed normal. After several days of firing, I cleaned the G22, the gun was taken apart and the recoil spring assembly was placed on the table. Seconds later the larger spring slipped over the black tip of the recoil rod-not good. At the other end of the recoil spring assembly where it rest against the barrel lug, the metal plate is slightly beaten up after 1200 rds-note there is no "01" stamped there.

I later received a new recoil spring assembly from the local store, the recoil spring assembly is stamped "01". I spoke with the Glock rep and was told the early released gen4 G22 were issued with the original designed recoil spring assembly and now being re-issued with the new "01". I will continue to be in contact with the Glock rep. I understand that S/N before "PM_" have the bad recoil spring assembly. Check your gen4 G22 and G17. Be safe all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great info. I will deinitely be checking to see which springs ours come with! Keep us informed!
    Adversity introduces us to ourselves

Facebook: Loess Hills Tactical

Downloads
    Uploads
    The new "01" recoil spring assembly.

I put 30 rds through it so far, 180 gr winclean ammo at an in-door range. The Glock rep advised this should resolve the problem encountered in the 1st place.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was advised by the Glock rep that a new RSA marked "01-1" will be supplied to the the early released gen4 Glock 22. The redesigned RSA will address the problem of the outer spring slipping over the guide rod. My gen4 Glock 22 is off my duty belt until the new spring is available.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I finally received the new "01-1" recoil spring assembly. As you can see from the pictures, there are some modifications to the RSA. I put 50 rds through it for a function check. The felt recoil was like the original spring issued with the gen4 G22. As compared with the gen3 G22, the gen4 G22, for me felt better. For the time being, this pistol will be tested to see if the new RSA holds up. I did notice at the POA, I was hitting slightly to the right. So I will continue to monitor this.

The outer spring, where it meets up with guide rod, this was built up and if you look and where the stamping of "01-1", there are modifications there as well.

"01-1" on the left

"01-1" on the left

"01-1" on the top

"01-1" on the left

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought a pair of these pistols as soon as I could after being released. They are consecutive numbers. Mine both wear the medium backstrap, as it's about the same as Glock's previous pistols, and it shoot it fine. Both guns have Meprolight Night sights. Magazines are the newest type that came with the gun, and plenty of earlier pre-ambi mags. All of my G22 magazines are the tapered top with #8 followers and 11-coil springs.

The first was given 1000 rounds before I even took the second out of the box. 100% of those rounds were fired with a TLR-1 or TLR-1s in place. All ammunition was 165 grain American Eagle. I also fired 50 rounds of my duty load, 155 grain Gold Dot (all I could manage for a reliability test). The first pistol was 100% reliable for all 1050 rounds. It's now relegated to duty use. I did shoot my department's qual course with it, and all 48 rounds were flawless. Round count: 1098.

The second pistol is now at the 3300ish round mark. There was one malfunction that I'm calling an ammunition problem. It failed to fire with a solid strike to the primer. I put the bad round into my P229R and it wouldn't go off in that, either. About half of this pistols rounds have been fired with a TLR-1s. Most ammunition has been American Eagle 165 or Ranger Reduced Lead 180, both FMJ. Someone gave me a box of Fiocchi FMJ, can't remember the weight. It worked fine. So far, this pistol has also been reliable.

In anticipation of problems from the recoil spring issue I saw here, I called Glock and got an updated spring for my duty pistol. I'm going to keep the original spring in the second pistol to see how long it takes to break.

I'm a huge fan of Glock's 9mm's, and only work with the .40 because I have to. I've never liked the .40 until now.

bc

Downloads
    Uploads
    BC, keep us posted. I'm hearing from various sources re the gen4 G22-good & bad, many agencies here in California use them. Glock is resolving the issue with the new RSA.
    Let see how they hold up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will do. I'm going to put another thousand through my duty gun with the new RSA to see if I can tell any difference.

bc

Downloads
    Uploads

recoil spring

i bought my gen4 22 sometime in the summer soon after it was released and my spring has no numbers on it. how do i go about getting the new safer spring? would i have to pay for it or would Glock send a replacement?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tac40 View Post
    The gen 3 mags do work, it's not ambi and you cannot switch the mag release to the right side of the frame. So far this Glock likes to shoot. most of the gen4 Glocks I've seen were the G17. Mines the only G22 here. More later.
    Rob,

Who did the frame work for you? I'd like to have my finger groves removed, my fingers take up a grove and a half.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Widecelica, the part is covered under warranty, check your S/N, if the recoil spring assembly is not marked, you may need the new RSA, either 01 or 01-1. I was told any S/N before "PM" may need the new spring. The store you purchased your Glock should not charge you for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, i called glock and they gladly sent me a new spring. my serial starts wit "pt" so unless i'm mistaken it could be after "pm" but that's just my experience. i had no issue with my old spring but i'd rather not risk it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since January, after another 200 rds of winchester 180 JHP, so far no issues. The recoil feel is mild as compared with a gen3 Glock 22. The new 01-1 RSA works. I spoke with another agency here in CA and their gen4 G22 are hard at work with no issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think any issues that did exist were solved with the new RSA's. I've had zero malfunctions with another 600 rounds fired.

It seems the Gen4 G22 is as boring as previous models, at least in my experience.

bc