Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: gen4 Glock 22

Downloads
    Uploads
    An update from my buddy's agency regarding the Glock gen4 G22, the officers are to turn in the gen4 G22 and go back to the gen3 G22. Approximately 400 gen4 G22 are being pulled off the streets. Local CBS news reports it's the recoil spring assembly.

Oakland Police Department recalls new guns

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police officers have had to start carrying older pistols they recently gave up because of a defect that's been discovered in their new guns.

Oakland officers carry 40-caliber semi-automatic handguns made by Glock. A mechanical defect turned up in the Glock's newest model during training exercises. Police insist that defect never posed a danger to officers on the street or to the public.

The Oakland Police Department wants Glock to ensure the weapons' reliability before returning them to the officers.

(Copyright ©2011 KGO-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I spoke with my OPD buddy, his gen4 G22 was taken back today and he was re-issued his gen3 G22. My buddy said over the past weekend, at the range several officers were firing their new gen4 G22 and the RSA broke apart causing the slide to lock up and numerous FTF & FTE. When the RSA was removed from the slide, the larger spring shot out from the RSA. This was similar to the problems I personally experienced.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm betting they had the old-style RSA's (pre collar and relief cut in the guide ring)?

bc

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same thing happening here in Europe, Gen4 is reportedly having a lot of problems with reliability and durability. Although private customers as well as several agencies fancy the new features, they tend to prefer the Gen3 due to the previously mentioned issues with Gen4. The same reason I went with a Gen3 instead of the Gen4 as I first intended.
    Naive fools can not see, so they must feel!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the input GB, keep us updated if any news from the EU, UK, or points east of you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will do, 10-4

Downloads
    Uploads

Update?

Anyone have an update on what happened with OPD? Or this issue in general?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wondering if anyone had an update on this as well...

I'm a new gun owner and new to the forums here (hello!) and I've been thinking about picking up a G22 gen4, but all of the "issues" I've been reading have me a little concerned. I stumbled across this very helpful and informative thread while searching, and I'd like to hear some more about what's happening from you guys.

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...checking with local Glock owners and armorers, will also try to obtain some info from Austria. Will keep you guys posted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well with the OPD guns, the RSA were early generations and caused FTE/FTF problems. This was discovered on the range and a general recall was issued out and the gen 3 G22 were issued back to the officers. I was at the local Glock day sale today and the gen 4 Glocks are selling in the 9mm and 40. I like to think the problem has been resolved. I still use the gen 3 G26/19/17.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, appreciate any further info you guys can provide. Like you I'm hopefull (and pretty sure) that the issues have been resolved by this point. I recently bought a gen 4 G19 and have put 300+ rounds through it with zero FTF/FTE so far. And this from a new shooter to boot.

I'm thinking about picking up a G22 as well and if I do I'll be sure the first thing I look at is the recoil spring to see what number it has on it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, so my contacts at Glock came back to me. According to their info, all Gen4 Glocks made in the US have been upgraded and all the problems fixed from. All Glocks made from May 2011 on should be problem free. As far as Europe goes, the same thing applies, however the factory upgrades for Gen4 were done from June on. Also, in the US, they are supposedly replacing the faulty Gen4's with new ones as long as the owner can provide proof of problems. They are supposedly throwing in an extra magazine for the troubles. I'm still waiting for the official reply, but this should be pretty spot on. That's it for now. Stay safe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the inside update GB.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBravo View Post
    OK, so my contacts at Glock came back to me. According to their info, all Gen4 Glocks made in the US have been upgraded and all the problems fixed from. All Glocks made from May 2011 on should be problem free. As far as Europe goes, the same thing applies, however the factory upgrades for Gen4 were done from June on. Also, in the US, they are supposedly replacing the faulty Gen4's with new ones as long as the owner can provide proof of problems. They are supposedly throwing in an extra magazine for the troubles. I'm still waiting for the official reply, but this should be pretty spot on. That's it for now. Stay safe.

Thanks for the update.