Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: gen4 Glock 22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the update.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBravo View Post
    OK, so my contacts at Glock came back to me. According to their info, all Gen4 Glocks made in the US have been upgraded and all the problems fixed from. All Glocks made from May 2011 on should be problem free. As far as Europe goes, the same thing applies, however the factory upgrades for Gen4 were done from June on. Also, in the US, they are supposedly replacing the faulty Gen4's with new ones as long as the owner can provide proof of problems. They are supposedly throwing in an extra magazine for the troubles. I'm still waiting for the official reply, but this should be pretty spot on. That's it for now. Stay safe.
    Thanks!! :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries, glad to be of assistance. If/when anything new pops up, I'll let you guys know.
    Naive fools can not see, so they must feel!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There seems to be a shortage on this gun right now.... I'm trying to order one from my local gun store and it's on back order. Most places online seem to be out of stock as well. Hopefully they'll get them in soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gen3 was Glock Perfection.

The only Glocks I've had come back because they didn't work right out of the box were Gen4. I really hope they don't discontinue Gen3. Simple and effective.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lamarbrog View Post
    Gen3 was Glock Perfection.

The only Glocks I've had come back because they didn't work right out of the box were Gen4. I really hope they don't discontinue Gen3. Simple and effective.
    I have to disagree. If the Gen3 was perfection then why so many complaints and aftermarket changes to the grip? There was an obvious issue there otherwise Glock would never have made the RTF version to begin with. The grip on the Gen4 is much improved over the Gen3 in that aspect.

I don't think anyone would argue that the mag release on the Gen4 is also much improved over the Gen3 as well. On top of that the ability to switch it for left-handed shooters is yet another improvement that has long been needed.

The different sized back-straps may not be for everyone, but that's why they're available, because everyone is different and has different sized hands. Glock finally realized this and, like the mag release, made an improvement that was a long time coming. The regular grip on the Gen4 is a little smaller than the Gen3, and at first it felt good to me. But I noticed I was pulling my shots consistantly to the right. A quick change to the medium backstrap and bingo, problem solved. I'm sure the large would do the same for anyone with bigger hands than mine. (I don't have very big hands)

So, overall I think those are all much needed improvements in the Gen4 over the "perfection" of the Gen3. Now the recoil spring could certainly be argued, but as noted in this thread any "bugs" or issues with that particular piece has been addressed and I think the Gen4 is every bit as reliable as the previous generations at this point. Remember, at one time the Gen2 was "perfection" too.

I have over 400 rounds through my Gen4 G19 with zero problems or malfunctions. I have a Gen4 G22 on order and should get it in a couple of days. I'm looking forward to putting a few hundred rounds through it as well.
    Last edited by Victor9er; 24 August 2011 at 13:28.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing Ninja Glock, keep us posted with your experience with the gen4 Glocks. You're correct the gen4 has features which makes the current Glocks a bit more user friendly. If I had some $$$, I love the features on the Salient Arms Glock and hands down buy one. The Glock 9mm I own and shoot regularly with are all gen 3, they work for me and I beat them down and they rock on, every pistol/carbine/shotgun class I've been to they get used down and dirty. These Glocks are hardly cleaned during the class, I do lube them up during the class. So are gen 3 Glocks perfection? It does come close, I never had an issue with the grip angle or mag release. I was told by the Glock reps, the gen3 Glocks are still being produced. Some models may be dropped but no specific model were mentioned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi I am new here and new to handguns. Just bought my first handgun today a Glock 22 gen 4 and i noticed that my RSA has no numbers on it. I have yet to fire the gun and was just curious. Ive been reading about this a lot online and wasn't sure if i should fire the gun yet. thx

Downloads
    Uploads
    you can, perhaps contact Glock rep or the gunstore and ask them about the RSA, which current RSA should be in the gen4 G22. I understand Glock will replace the RSA as part of your warrenty. Let us know how it works out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Contacted Glock and told them that my RSA has no marking numbers on it. They took my information from me and said they were sending me the updated RSA. Great customer service, was on the phone for less than 5min lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tac40 View Post
    I love the features on the Salient Arms Glock

Their website makes me cringe, I can't figure anything out about what they are actually selling or doing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love my gen3 G22. Untold rounds thru it. No failures.
    Recently purchased gen4 G26 as a backup and CC.
    Compared it to my friend's gen 3.
    Much improved grip frame and magazine release.
    Sold with 3 magazines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick,

"Their website makes me cringe, I can't figure anything out about what they are actually selling or doing."

Now I don't feel so obtuse.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.teamglock.com/customer-se...pring-exchange

GLOCK Inc. is voluntarily exchanging the recoil spring assembly (RSA) on its new Gen4 pistols (with the exception of G26 and G27 models). GLOCK has developed a new design to the recoil spring assemblies on its Gen4 pistols to replace several variations that are functioning in the market today. As part of the company’s commitment to perfection, we are voluntarily exchanging the existing RSA in order to ensure our products perform up to GLOCK’s stringent standards.

GLOCK is replacing the RSA in all Gen4s sold before July 22, 2011 at no cost. Please complete the following procedure to receive a new RSA. The RSA can safely and simply be swapped out using normal field stripping protocols. If you have additional questions, please contact GLOCK at 1-877-745-8523 with your serial number and model number.

CONSUMER ACTION:
    1.Call 1-877-745-8523 with your serial number and model number to request your modified RSA. GLOCK will verify your serial number and collect shipping information
    2.Within 30 days, GLOCK will send you a replacement RSA along with a pre-addressed envelope to mail in your old spring
    3.Ensure your Gen4 is completely unloaded
    4.Field strip your GLOCK per the instructions found in your ‘Instructions for Use’ manual that came with your pistol and replace the old RSA with the new one
    5.Place the old RSA in the supplied shipping container and give to the United States Postal Service (USPS)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've already ordered my new springs.

I'm glad to see Glock getting their act together on this spring issue.

bc