Downloads
    Uploads

What Buffer for Subsonic/Suppressed ammo?

Hey guys, pretty new here, seems like a good group of shooters. Anyways i have applied for my class 3 permit for a suppressor for my Smith M&P15, my question is do i need to change my buffer or spring to handle the lower pressure subsonic loads? currently have a DD T2 buffer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doesn't the suppression increase the interal pressure? At least I always thought it did so by going with SS ammo it's kind of a trade off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prizz23 View Post
    Hey guys, pretty new here, seems like a good group of shooters. Anyways i have applied for my class 3 permit for a suppressor for my Smith M&P15, my question is do i need to change my buffer or spring to handle the lower pressure subsonic loads? currently have a DD T2 buffer
    Class 3 Permit? I am sure you meant to say Form 4. Your rifle probably will not cycle reliably, if at all, with subsonic ammunition and a reduced power action spring will not solve any problems. Only shoot ammunition your rifle was designed to shoot. As to the buffer, ANY suppressed AR-15/M16 should have an X Buffer installed, period.
    Specialized Armament
    (480) 940-7397
    sales@specializedarmament.com
    Quality Never Quits!

Downloads
    Uploads
    do i need to change my buffer or spring to handle the lower pressure subsonic loads?
    Subsonic 5.56, or...?

Downloads
    Uploads
    So no subsonics unless i want a single shot... and yes 5.56 is the caliber of the firearm. And i can't say i'm familiar with an X buffer, what is it and where can i get one?

Downloads
    Uploads
    So no subsonics unless i want a single shot... and yes 5.56 is the caliber of the firearm. And i can't say i'm familiar with an X buffer, what is it and where can i get one?
    An X Buffer is manufactured with three tungsten weights and a steel body in lieu of aluminum. You can purchase one here
    Specialized Armament
    (480) 940-7397
    Quality Never Quits!

Downloads
    Uploads
    No picture and no information on the X Buffer. What is the advantage to using this buffer?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vise View Post
    No picture and no information on the X Buffer. What is the advantage to using this buffer?
    It slows down the speed of the bolt group reducing wear and tear on your rifle.
    Last edited by Specialized Armament; 20 August 2010 at 06:40.
    Specialized Armament
    (480) 940-7397
    Quality Never Quits!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im waiting for my 12.5" barrel to come back. Ill be running a Spikes T2 buffer with a Noveske switchblock so I shouldn't have to use as heavy of a buffer.