Downloads
    Uploads

LaRue H1/T1 mount height

As you can tell from my previous post, I'm putting the finishing touches on my new AR and have arrived at the problem of optics.

I have decided to go with an Aimpoint Micro (probably the H1 since I don't have any use for the night vision settings) and a QD mount.

I don't want to have an exact cowitness (is that the right term?) but would rather have the dot sit a bit higher than the irons. I was all set for the LaRue LT660 when I saw the LT660HK which is meant to be a bit lower.

I have Troy folders as irons and I wondered if the H1 in the LT660HK would clear them sufficiently so that the dot is higher than the irons but not as high as with the regular LT660. The goal being to move my cheekweld as little as possible if I have to transition from optic to irons.

Also, how does that affect, if at all, the mounting of a QD pivot mount for the Aimpoint 3x magnifier?

Pics of similar set ups would be helpful if anyone has any.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The LT660HK mout is too low. The LT660 will put the optic up in the lower 1/3 co-witness. If you want a mount that is as close to the same height as the irons, LT is coming out with one that co-witnesses with the irons. If you are not set on the Larue mounts, ADM makes the H1/T1 mounts in 3 different heights.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not set on LaRue but since they had a mount/optic combo option, I thought I would save myself the manual work as that's not really within my skill set .

I looked over the ADM site and I'm not sure to which height SOCOM or co-witness riser refers to.
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 25 June 2010 at 11:23. Reason: typo

Downloads
    Uploads
    The SOCOM is the lower 1/3 while the co-witness one has the regular co-witness.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks.

So the LT 660 and the ADM Socom have basically the same height?

I ask because my original question was about finding a mount height that was not an absolute co-witness but still a little lower than the 1/3.

Does it even exist?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Iron sights are just under 2.6". The "co-witness" mounts are actually around 2.75", and the lower 1/3 are around 2.95". So I would get the co-witness mount.