Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Doesn’t that only apply for right handers? Wouldn’t a left hander have muzzle climb go to the left?
    No, it has to do with twist, has nothing to do with what hand you shoot with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    um, bad news. to the rainer crew, need you to contact me off forums PRIOR to me releasing the info we gathered tonight at our night shoot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any reviews posted yet? I'm lagging myself

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Tactical Gear View Post
    um, bad news. to the rainer crew, need you to contact me off forums PRIOR to me releasing the info we gathered tonight at our night shoot.

sure would like to know what this is all about.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I'm nervous now too. I've got about 200 rounds through mine now. I'm waiting to get at least 500 rounds +1 competition in on it before I start on a review.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Tactical Gear View Post
    If you have observations in the Rainier XTC, it would be nice to see what your thoughts are. For me, I didn't buy the XTC for its flash hiding abilities and--that said, there is a noticeable flash exiting the sides of the device, which you can see during the day. I am more interested in its compensation abilities, which I thought were adequate on my piston gun. Being that you mention a night shoot, I have a feeling you are disappointed with its flash hiding ability. I have no issues with the XTC yet.

I posted these pics somewhere else in here but could not find them. My wife was shooting my S&W M&P15 modified to a piston build with the XTC and you can clearly see the flash in the frame by frame my digital camera (in video mode) captured. I felt that the compensation ability was similar to the PWS FSC556 (I have one on another build).

- Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    isn't that kind of flash expected from muzzle brakes though? I would hate to think that someone is going to do a negative review on a product when it does pretty much what it is supposed to do. The flash in the pictures isn't as bad as I expected. I am sure that it would be far more pronounced at night, but regardless...

Downloads
    Uploads
    UTG found a small burr in the threading of the XTC where the pin hole is on the bottom of the comp so we replaced it for him. I am waiting for the return to see the problem myself. We've sold several hundred of these and honestly we've only have received praise after praise on how well these work. I hope others can chime in and let me know what they find out for themselves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will have a range report when my ankle is healed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Again, the flash of the XTC is expected from my point of view and I am very happy with the XTC. Those pics were taken in video mode using a run of the mill digital camera where I cut stills from the video in Google Picasa. On that shoot from the pics above the XTC helped keep my muzzle on target very well. Fast back-to-back brain shots at 50 yards were simple and my wife noticed a huge difference in muzzle control between the XTC (comparable to the FSC556) and your average flash hiders. I say "Good job Rainier". My only regret is not getting one of the free XTC giveaways.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know what number I am but sign me up. By the way I think some of those other guys cheated
    "Wheresoever the light is brightest, there also the shadows are darkest".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacker4 View Post
    Yeah, I'm nervous now too. I've got about 200 rounds through mine now. I'm waiting to get at least 500 rounds +1 competition in on it before I start on a review.
    I just put another 200 rounds through the XTC (with a huge grin on my face in the process). I'm starting my write up. I'd like to get a night session in before I finish everything, though.

So far, A+

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    To confirm what Rainer said, there was a problem with the taper pin hole. We received the new compensator and had no issues getting it mounted. I think the first one We got was just a fluke. But regardless it's on it's way (should have been there days ago) back to rainer arms for further inspection.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington