Downloads
    Uploads

My lightweight build.

So I decided to jump on the lightweight bandwagon. I haven’t had a chance to take it out and shoot it yet, hopefully next weekend.

DD lightweight carbine barrel.

Vltor gas block.

Troy 7.6 Extreme battle rail.

Magpul MBUS in FDE.

Trijicon fiber optic RMR with 9MOA dot.

BCM Gunfighter mod 4 charging handle.

Magpul MOE stock and pistol grip in FDE.

Smith & Wesson M&P lower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks really light weight. Measured it on the scale yet?

-rebelEMPIRE

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish I had a scale, I’m curious my self. There is one at the post office in the lobby that is open to the public when it’s closed. Maybe I will see if I can find a box take there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got it weighed. 6 pounds 1.5 ounces.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy poop that's one mean feather.
    How are you liking the RMR in that implementation? Is that an Amber dot, or an actual Red dual illuminated unit?

I'm really curious about the RMR for one of my builds... that's very similar
    (9.0 VTAC/Troy Rail, 14.5" DD LW Barrel)
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s the 9moa amber dot. Someone was selling it on another board $305 shipped with mount. I thought for the price I would give it a try. I don’t think it well do that will at longer range, the dot size is just too big. I would think 100yd would be around max. However it is vary bright and quick to pick up. Standing indoors and looking outside the dot is still visible and easy to pick up. Even in complete darkness with a flashlight pointed at the wall I can still see the dot ever though it is much more subdued. There is some distortion around the edges of the glass and a little of a blue/green tint. Not real noticeable but it’s there.
    The total weight is 4.9oz with mount. Of Corse getting out the range this weekend will be more telling then trying it around the house. Hopefully I can get out to the range this weekend.
    Last edited by 5pins; 27 April 2010 at 19:36.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet looking stick

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I finally got it out to the range last Saturday. I put a little over 300rds through it. I’m really happy with it, and so is my wife (she thinks it’s hers). I did have one failure to fire, bad ammo. It would not work with some Tula crap that I had. No surprise that stuff has not worked in three out of four rifles I have tried it in.

Regrettably I was limited to shooting it at about 30 yards because the rifle range was being used for a match. Next time I’m going to see how it works at 100. The RMR worked nicely at this range. It was overcast and we were shooting under cover and the orange dot was nice and bright. Although the dot size is big, at the short range I was shooting it at it was not a limitation and was very quick. I can’t wait to see how it performs at 100 yards.