Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spikes Tactical Billet Receivers

As many of you know, Spikes Tactical teamed up with Seekins Precision to design their new billet receiver set. The first runs have a "BioHazard" logo -- a variance Spikes sought in answer to customer requests. (I personally will be looking forward to the return of their spider logo.)

The lower itself features design innovations that set it well apart from the growing list of recievers milled from billet. First, the lower is shipped with an ambi-bolt release pre-installed.

Under the grip, Spikes has relocated the takedown pin detent and spring which are held captive by a set screw. They added a trigger re-set adjustment screw and an upper tensioning screw (a feature I first saw on Seekins Precision's own billet lower receiver).

The lower also ships with an installed captive buffer retainer pin and spring.

The upper receiver matches well with clean lines and ships with the forward assist and ejection port cover installed.

The magazine well is flared...er...well...and the trigger guard design features more unique lines...

...as does the front of the magwell.

Spikes and Seekins have also teamed up to develope and produce a new line of rails from Spikes Tactical, which should be coming to market in the next few weeks. Also in the pipeline is a billet ejection port door (coming soon) and an after market trigger guard that matches the lines of the one on the billet lower (available now).

Edited 5-2-2010 to fix misspellings
    Last edited by TripleBravo; 2 May 2010 at 18:37.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've eyeing that receiver...I like the Bio emblem myself...better than the spider...TEHO. this will be the lower for my first build...if I can afford it...lol

none the less...beautiful receiver bro

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great pictures, it shows the items nicely. You might want to drop a copy of this into the user submitted reviews, I think it does a good job of reviewing the items through the pictures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just waiting on the rail system at this point. This build has Spike's new NB coated "Battle Trigger" group. It's about the best single stage trigger pull I've ever felt:

Downloads
    Uploads
    The more I read about Spikes the more impressed I am with them. They really seem to be trying very hard to catch up with BCM. And the consequence is better rifles for us!!!

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a heads up for anyone whose pre-ordered or plans on ordering the Billet set, I place a call in this week to check on the ship date (just a rough estimate) and a prior call had me to believe it should ship any day. However, Spikes received the receivers from their supplier and said they sent them back due to quality issues. The woman informed me it would be another 1-2 weeks before they would receive the new batch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Better to have them correct, than to send them out where people will complain and bad mouth them across the internet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spikes is an awsome company & Angela over there is amazing to deal with .

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was waiting for a shipment of Spike's Tactical BAR 12.875 rails to arrive to finish off this build...

Here's the whole rifle...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice TB!

Downloads
    Uploads
    TB- what kind of barrel is that?

I have a Spikes 9" BAR. a bit wider than a Vltor VIS, but seems very sturdy and ventilates heat well. Some serious machining went into it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The barrel is from a company called Ballistic Advantage in Florida.

Though these rails are fatter than most, you seriously do not need rail covers because of all the work that went into the scalloping and shapping of the rails themselves. I have to make some measurements, but I don't think their circumference is any greater than a set of Daniel Defense Lite rails with Magpul or Tango Down rail covers installed.

That said, I'm eager to see the introduction of the slim version of the Spike's rails.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks great

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is sweet, I have been trying to decide if my next rifle will be Spikes or not.... but that rifle is very nice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bravo what sights are those on the build?