Downloads
    Uploads

Wilson Combat TTU update?????

Stick;

I have been considering the single stage Wilson TTU as a replacement for the mil-spec trigger group in my current carbine. I am primarily concerned about long term durability and ease of instillation. Any update as to how yours is wearing. I would like a smoother trigger, but durability is my primary concern.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with you 100% that the durability of a trigger comes before anything else. The WC TTU continues to be borrowed by people, so the process is ongoing, but with WELL over 5,000 drops of the hammer, I have no concerns about its capabilities at this time. Based on my own use, and that of others, I think this trigger is a winner, and have no problems recommending it to those searching for a solid single stage trigger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Stick. I will order one up as soon as I have the $$ saved up. Just bought a new BCM upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice, which one did you get?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I picked up the 16" LW middy with the DD lite rail 12.0. I posted up pics in the layout thread, but I have already dropped the AFG as after finally getting it to the range during a qualification day I realized it is not for me. Back to a VFG, I am really liking the new RVG.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I agree with you 100% that the durability of a trigger comes before anything else. The WC TTU continues to be borrowed by people, so the process is ongoing, but with WELL over 5,000 drops of the hammer, I have no concerns about its capabilities at this time. Based on my own use, and that of others, I think this trigger is a winner, and have no problems recommending it to those searching for a solid single stage trigger.
    Stick -

Three more months on, is this still your opinion?

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm well behind Stick on actuations, but to this point, my impressions mirror his. The TTU continues to surprise me in all of the right ways, and although the price of entry is still on the upper end of what I would consider the reasonability scale, in this case, it just might be worth the stretch. The TTU has definitely left me feeling much less charitable about the performance of my stock triggers -- I know that much -- and the unit remains comfortably secure on my "recommended" list.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This could cost me. Thanks, AC!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Stick -

Three more months on, is this still your opinion?

Thanks!

Without a doubt, yes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Stick!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick,

Looking for some clarification. Is this a SS or two-stage trigger? It's not clear from your review. Post #1 indicates it's a SS, but your last post refers to it as a two-stage.

Also, have you pulled on the PACT AR Gold Trigger? It reads quite a bit like the Wilson unit, I'm wondering how close they are in design and manufacture?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jmart,

Thanks, I fixed that typo. The TTU with all the rounds on it is the single stage TTU. I'm working with the 2 stage TTU, but that is another project and evidently I had that on my mind at some point.