Downloads
    Uploads

ACR / Scout light mount mod

After trying every combination of light / mount for my second ACR (soon to be a 10.5" 5.56 / 11.5" 300BLK) I decided to work up a better solution. A few loose measurements, some drilling, and two screws later I came up with this. I mounted the light directly to the starboard forward rail. It pulled the light in tighter. It also allowed me to use a SR07 tape switch at 12 o'clock.

This will only work with the enhanced handguard. It solves a lot of problems for me and saves a little weight. You could also mount it on the port side with a push button tailcap.

The good thing about this mod is that it is simple and quick. I coated the bare aluminum with gunkote and loctited the screws (6-32 by the way).

It also allowed me to move the AFG forward two slots and get my thumb on the top rail.

Sorry for the poor pictures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can we get a shot of it on the entire weapon?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice. Don't you love these simple DIY modifications!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I surely do, cheapest light mount I have ever bought....

Here are some pictures of the full gun...

and the twin

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! Thanks for the updated pics!

My only concern would be structural, with the use of cap-head screws with their minimal shoulder width, verses the diameter of the holes drilled into the handguard.

Backing up the screws inside the handguard, with large diameter area washers, would add additional strength.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats a legitimate concern, though I doubt I would be able to wrench the light off as is I plan on picking up some flange cap screws like this

The socket head was all I had at the time, and I need to change them anyway when I get my 10.5 carbine barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    how do you like your ACR? I have grown to HATE mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like it a lot. I mostly shot a 12.7" LWRC that I really liked, but eventually wanted to try this out. Its worked so well for me that I decided to keep it and sold my LWRC after i was convinced this was the way to go. Granted im about the lowest speed guy here. What didnt you like about yours?
    Wanna sell it? I could use a parts gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by goteron View Post
    Thats a legitimate concern, though I doubt I would be able to wrench the light off as is I plan on picking up some flange cap screws like this

The socket head was all I had at the time, and I need to change them anyway when I get my 10.5 carbine barrel.

That'll work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your second ACR is literally the first individually owned ACR that the picture has made me want to get one.... very nice, but clearly your commitment to customizing the hardware attachment (e.g. that AFG attachment, the SPR-M4 BC) seems to be an equally large part of why that one looks so great.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    nice job, very creative of you.