Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 12131 View Post
    All great advices. I would say, if it were me in your shoe, I'd get the best, the N4, since as you said, it will likely be your only AR (but, we all know the BRD).
    Or, get the N4 Basic at cheaper than the Lo Pro, but still made by one of the best.
    Yeah, he could buy the Basic and later he could cut down his front sight base and add a 10" rail... He'd have the same thing...

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another consideration is that the M&P rifles are mass produced. When any rifle is mass produced, you will have quality control issues.

As far as set screws coming lose on low profile gas blocks, it's a non-concern. If installed properly with locktite, it will never come lose. I've had more difficulty taking off properly installed gas blocks (with setscrews) than I have with some FSB. Like most things, it's more about assembly than anything else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great news today! The .gov is going to help me buy whichever rifle I finally choose with a tax rebate check. Yippee!

Thanks for all the great advice guys, I really appreciate it. Right now I am swimming in information overload and need to sort everything out. I am heading down to SA for awhile to do some kayaking and get the heck out of this central Texas cedar pollen. You'd have to live here to understand. Hopefully I will the rifle figured out by the time I get back. Thanks again!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by austin12gauge View Post
    Great news today! The .gov is going to help me buy whichever rifle I finally choose with a tax rebate check. Yippee!

Thanks for all the great advice guys, I really appreciate it. Right now I am swimming in information overload and need to sort everything out. I am heading down to SA for awhile to do some kayaking and get the heck out of this central Texas cedar pollen. You'd have to live here to understand. Hopefully I will the rifle figured out by the time I get back. Thanks again!
    I'll gladly exchange SouthEastTX for Central Texas... You've got a lot of good info to go through (not any of it mine)...

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by austin12gauge View Post

Have a good time pard. I met my wife when I was at school at UT/SWT and I proposed to her on the side of a mountain outside of Wimberly. I will always love central Texas. Up here in the north we're waiting for the Big Chill. How bad it is will determine if I get to do a transport tomorrow morning or if I will be on hold for Monday.
    I'm thinking that I might use some of my Fed check for a pair of lowers for my kids.