Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which magazines do you have and use?

Interested to find out each members opinion on their choice of mags and their experiences..

I own
    HK SA-80 Gen
    Gen III Magpul Pmags W/windows
    Cproducts SS 30 rd mags
    Bushmaster 30, 10, & 5 rd mags mags
    Colt Horsey 30 & 20rd mags
    D&H 30rd black Teflon mags
    GI OKAY 30rd
    England marked Sa-80 steel mags
    PRI 5,10, & 15rd 6.8 mags

All my mags have performed flawlessly for me.

My personal favorited happen to be the HK's.I have read some intersting things about these lately, I have never encountered anything resembling an issue with them, but others have had reliability issues and premature wearing out of the springs.
    For m, these are my SHTF mags and stay loaded all the time on standby.

I have just recently acquired some Gen 3 Pmags with windows and am thourghly impressed with them. Unfortunately, I have not had an opportunity to test them yet, I will be picking up 6-10 more shortly though.

I love my DH mags, 100% reliabilty, good finish and wear.

The colt. BM, England, and Okays are are great performers also.

Each magazine is upgraded with a new Magpul Gen II follower and most with Ranger plates also.

I didn't have any problems before, but why chance it.

So what are you using and how have they performed for you.
    Death Is Certain,
    Life Is Not

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like my D&H(s) with magpul followers!

No problems as of yet!
    "Fear knocked on the door. Faith answered. There was no one there."
    -Christopher Moltisanti. The Sopranos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have

1 HK Maritime Mag

1 PMag

12 C Product SS Mags

50 or so D&H Mags

30-40 Okay, Sanchez, Labelle, etc USGI Mags

The HK mag is my "pretty" mag and sit in an AR in my bedroom loaded w/ 55gr TAP

I have one PMag that hasn't been tested, but feels very well made.

The C Products SS mags are my SHTF mags. I've purposely abused many of them without a single problem

The 50-ish D&H were bought when the mag wars were happening and I got those just to have (just in case)

The USGI mags are mainly what I bought before the ban ended, but I did buy a few after the ban lifted. I may sell these to someone in a ban state to buy either PMags or C Products SS mags.

I've got about twenty 20rd straight mags, some Colt, some Adventureline and some NHMTG. Zero problems out of them.

TS

ETA: All my mags have Magpul followers, except the straight 20 rounders...
    Last edited by TigerStripe; 27 January 2008 at 12:41.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a gathering of just about everything, and so many floorplates have been switched back and forth I couldn't name half of them.

Any of my USGI style mags have had their green and black followers swapped out for Magpul followers. I've had failures with the older followers, and while it hasn't been often, it doesn't change that I've never been in or taught any courses where a Magpul follower has created a problem.

I've got PMAGs, TMAGs, and clear PMAGs as well. The PMAGs have done everything I need, and work well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can only break it down into two types: GI/LEO/Mil mags and a single Magpul Maglevel PMAG.
    I've been replacing the floorplates on all of my GI/Mil mags with ranger plates, and I haven't really paid attention to who made them anyway. They either work or they get dumped/turned into malf makers.
    I'm trying out the PMAG, and if I like it I'll get more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I've got PMAGs, TMAGs, and clear PMAGs as well. The PMAGs have done everything I need, and work well.

Are you done with aluminum USGI-type mags?

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    My experience with AR mags is mostly military - you get issued a bunch, and when they don't work (inevitably) you take them to supply/armory and swap them out. I do not trust aluminum AR mags - at least the issued ones with green followers.
    I don't know if its the feed lips (which always develop cracks) or the follower that sucks the most. I was always glad to have new ones, and tried to take good care of them, but when you lay on top of them, or jump down on top of them, or bang into stuff....they take a beating.

The only magazines I've ever bought were PMAGs - I have ten and I like them so far. I don't have the money to shoot like the Gov does - but I've put a few hundred rounds through them, and I feel better about them than I ever did about the aluminum type. When I buy more magazines, they will be PMAGs.

Austin

Downloads
    Uploads

mags

For 5.56, P-mags, H&K maritime, C-products and a motley crew of GI aluminum with Magpul followers and lumpy plates. P-mags are best. For 6.8, Barrett and PRI. I like the Barretts becuase the rounds sit higher in the magwell allowing better feeding. PRI 5 round for hunting regs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't testify to the reliability of Pmags from personal experience, so I won't. But anything Stick has ever told me has been true. I can testify to the durability of the C Products stainless steel mags and they are light years ahead of USGI aluminum mags. I have abused them much more than they would ever see in a combat environment and they still work 100%. So my future mags will be those or PMags, provided the PMags turn out to be as good as Stick says. (Which I don't doubt).

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a mix of older GI 20 and 30 rd mags. For mags purchased recently, NHMTG’s and D&H grey teflons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripe View Post
    Are you done with aluminum USGI-type mags?

TS
    If you mean, am I getting rid of my USGI mags, the answer is no. I've got pouches and gear that the USGI mags can stay dedicated to. I'm also a fan of USGI 20 round mags for certain weapons (SP-1, CAR-15 clone etc).

I don't see me purchasing much more in the way of aluminum magazines, but I wouldn't mind a few of the new C-Product SS 20 round mags.

Overall, I think the PMAGs have done a good job of showing their durability and reliability. If the military makes their jump forward after the dust testing and takes a serious look at new magazines, I wouldn't be stunned to see the PMAGs become an issued item.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I own, or have owned a few of just about all those mentioned here. Most of the time I'm actually using USGI with Magpul followers, C Products SS and P Mags. Matter of fact, yesterdays range session involved a mix of those.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I didn't mean getting rid of the USGI aluminum mags you have. I meant are you going to switch to 30 round PMags as your "go to" mag. I love the straight 20's as well and I have quite a few. Are the C Products 20rd stainless straight or curved? Me being the C Products guy that I am, you'd think that I would know. Why do you tempt me with the 20rd PMag? Because you can....

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripe View Post
    Are the C Products 20rd stainless straight or curved? Me being the C Products guy that I am, you'd think that I would know. Why do you tempt me with the 20rd PMag? Because you can....
    TS
    The C Products SS 20rd mags are straight. I have 10 of them that have Gen II Magpul followers.

A-Men on the 20rd PMag!

Some minds are like concrete...all mixed up and permanently set!

Hellraiser Guest
    My friend uses an HK... and swears by it. But you fellas are surely more knowledgeable than I ever will be. Glad I am here... you boys can teach an ol' country boy like me... a heck-of-a whole lot.

Thanks,

^..^