Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser View Post
    My friend uses an HK... and swears by it. But you fellas are surely more knowledgeable than I ever will be. Glad I am here... you boys can teach an ol' country boy like me... a heck-of-a whole lot.

Thanks,

^..^
    There are some great minds here and mine isn't one of them. I have to add my two cents though. HK mags are pretty and they work pretty well. But they don't work well enough to rate the price(IMO). C Products Stainless Steel will work very well. I still haven't tested my personal PMag, but if Stick says something works, it works.

TS

mpd7675 Guest
    I use USGI w/ Magpul followers and PMAGs. I think PMAGs will be the way to go from now on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use many different kinds of mags but what I keep loaded with defensive ammo are all D&H USGI mags w/Magpul followers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive got about 10 Okay brand , 2 Pmags and a couple of Colt 20 rounders that came with my rifle. They were both blocked to 5 rounds. I have since removed the block on one but left it in the other just in case I need a 5 round mag for hunting or something. I plan on getting more Pmags and probably no more aluminum ones.

Downloads
    Uploads
    mostly D&H and C Products. I have a few OKay, Center Industries, Labelle, Bushmaster and Noveske mags in the mix too, all of the USGI type. Followers range from OG black to USGI green to new orange and grey Magpul followers.

I also have 10 steel mags, I think they are from Singapore. I only use them as range mags/hand out mags. They work well enough to justify the $8 price tag :)

I want to get a few PMags to see what all the fuss is about. I hear a lot of good things and I want to see for myself. I will probably abuse them as much as possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be glad when I can run my one PMag through the ringer. I've dropped in quite a number of times on various surfaces. I've thrown it for good distances and it still looks good. A few more bang around tests and I'll try shooting with it. So far it's still the C Products stainless steel that have stood up the best for me...

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have upgraded all of my alum mags with Magpul followers and spring kits from C-Products over the last year. The followers are such a superior product compared to issue followers that it is easy to justify the nominal cost.

I really like the PMAGS, too, but I have seen plastic mags come and go--mostly go--over the last 20 years (gulp!) that I am still a little leary. Plastics technolgy may have finally reached the pinacale with the PMAGS, though, so I hold out hope. The quality, fit, finish and function is outsrtanding in these mags. I plan on buying a few more.

Definately upgrade the followers in your alum mags--it makes a big difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im curently testing these.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=11744

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a bunch of the D&H 30 rounders with the dry lube finish. They all have CS springs & magpul followers. Never had a problem with 'em.

I plan on picking up some of the C Prod. SS mags with the magpul followers soon too. Probably some orange Pmags for the range.

BRD Jerm Guest
    i think im going with all PMAG for awhile(have about half a dozen currently).

i have a pretty good pile of USGI mags(with Magpul followers and most with Rangers)...now that the PMAG Rangers are out,thats all i'll probably buy for the foreseeable future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a great time for the magazine consumer. Prices are reasonable and there are more options than ever.

I recently received a couple Lancer L5 mags to try out. I've only gone through a few hundred rounds so far. I'll be posting details after additional testing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a few standard gi mags but after now using a few p-mags i bought i sold off all but 4 gi mags.The only reson i am keeping them is if i ever sell a rifle later i would give them one of thoes and not a p-mag.Cant wait till the clear,smoke P-mags are available to the public.

slayr15 Guest
    i still use usgi mags w/ magpul gen 2 follower . being in a ban state(maryland) i can't wait to get my hands on the new 20 rnd p-mag .

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a box of USGI mags I have been using for 20 years-ish. However, I have recently gone all PMAG. I'll hang on the the OldTech mags, but I'm hooked on Magpul

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a box full of D&H mags with Magpul followers and they just sit there. I've got some Okay's and NHMTG's as well. Same thing, they sit in the box. I'm about to get a chance to test PMags myself and depending how they perform (I don't expect any failures) and how I like them (which I do so far) I'm probably going to half C Products stainless and half PMags. I do like the fact that PMags don't "clang".

TS