Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice post. Thanks for the review. I'm checking this out now. May replace my jury rigged Magpul ACS stock kit I crammed in there.

SOS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Black, and yes they are available. That's what I get for replying without checking one last time!

The NRA version is apparently called the "NRA BlackTac Gun Tool"?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe Shane can drop in to give us some release dates.

My FDE TUBE sample should be here next week, for addition to my review of the Multitasker 2010 Multitool Line Up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That FDE one looks sweet... I guess I'm going to have to wait. (Unless they want to send out a sample to a gun blogger...? :) )

Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll really like it Quib. I know you've had your hands on the TUBE, probably the same version I had my hands on. You'll notice he added the O rings which helps water seal the TUBE and ensure the caps don't easily screw off. I like how Shane just keeps upgrading stuff from the input he get from the reviewers.

I think he did a good job on the anodizing it to FDE considering it's not easy to anodize FDE. I would say it's a bit more golden than Magpul's FDE, but it looks good in my opinion. Don't know if he plans to tweak the color or not. From my photo Surefire is way lighter than Magpul's FDE.

Notice how I compare it to Magpul FDE.. it's the more commonly known color.. though I don't know what color code is really consider FDE, or if there's a standard FDE color code.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    You'll really like it Quib.
    I can't wait to get my sample in!

I like how Shane just keeps upgrading stuff from the input he get from the reviewers.
    Yes Sir, very true, Shane is very receptive to the input he receives from his reviewers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you asking about the FDE version or black. I believe the black has been released but I maybe wrong. I believe Brownells and NRA store will carry them. The FDE hasn't been released yet, to my knowledge.
    Black version just shipped to NRAStore and Brownells; FDE version, we need to tweak the anodizing to get the color more consistent - the hollow casings react differently than the solid middle section

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm gifted at breaking things. One of the tips on the front sight adjustment tool snapped off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    im not sure what happened, but it's one reason we made the sight tool a replaceable bit - PM me an address and we'll get a replacement out
    Shane
    Multitasker Tools LLC
    info@multitaskertools.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just thought to mention that I just decided to try the TUBE to remove and install an AR pistol grip. It won't work as a removal tool since the cap will screw right off as I tried to unscrew the screw, but it will work as a tightening tool if the pistol grip's screw ever gets loose. However, it might be a bit of a work to hold on the exposed part of the tube sticking out of the grip since it's a smooth surface, and approx a little more than an inch of grip area.

Note that it works on Ergo SureGrips and Magpul MOE/MIAD pistol grips
    Last edited by Ryo; 7 October 2010 at 00:14.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I found a way to make it work even for the pistol grip.. Something really simple. I'm adding one of these to my kit, a 3" magnetic bit holder. I pulled one from my DeWalt kit to try out.. but unfortunately the base is not attracted to magnets so it won't stay in place. 3 inches is long enough to get the tool out of the pistol grip to allow me to have a positive grip with the TUBE. This will way better with the Ultralight and Series 2 since they have a more positive grip area. Now it's time to go to the store to find which brand is magnetic and add it to my Multitasker kits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can also buy longer bits........

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure the TUBE with the proper length bit would provide enough torque to adequately tighten the pistol grip screw.

The Series 2 or the Multitasker Ultralight I think would be the better choice. Especially if you clock the bit driver at 90 degrees forming a T-handle, as I have it shown above.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it would be enough for a quick field fix, but you'd want to take a more serious driver to it when you got home. I had a battle buddy in Afghanistan whose grip came loose and his selector lever fell out. The armorer was a little pissed.