Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I hadn't REALLY known how much thought actually went into these selectors until I read that. I think the only word that truly fits here is "Badass!"

Can't wait to get mine!
    This kind of comment really means a lot to me. Thanks for the kind words and thank you Duffy for the opportunity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Matt! We're grateful for the time and effort you took to write such a thorough review. I emailed the link to the shop, and they're all glowing too :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a cracked cast or MIM selector a customer took a picture of and sent us. It came from a new rifle, hasn't even been shot yet.

Another thread on TOS, again brand new.

I don't think these selectors are made in the US, they're cast or MIM.

CNC machining all the levers and selector centers is expensive, so is having the work done in the US.

In case you were wondering why ours cost twice as much
    Last edited by Duffy; 21 August 2010 at 12:01.

Downloads
    Uploads

Battle Arms Development Excerpt - NRA American Rifleman

Definitely looks like a great product. I'll have to pick up one to test out. Probably put it on a Double Diamond 9mm lower I'm testing out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Ryo.

The PIP components to be incorporated into this October production include (so far):

1. An optional end cap to turn our selector into a reversible and convertible selector. Not in the same sense as the selectors that come with the new Colt ARs, which requires that you remove the pistol grip and detent , pull out the safety from the current side and reinsert it from the other side of the receiver, all the while it can only have one lever, never another on the weak side.

An end cap for our selector will allow a user to add/remove the lever from either side very quickly without disassembling the pistol grip. The end cap can always be replaced by a lever should the user wish to convert it back to its original ambidextrous form.

2. Widened selector axis flat/trigger interface to accommodate some triggers when in use with out of spec receivers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prototype CASS-3P, M16. The cap is also a prototype, without the groove indicator (production version will have the groove indicator.) The semi auto cap is lower profile. The CASS-3P has a different attachment method so it appears to stick out more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Gentleman,
    I've been a reader of WEVO for a long time, this is my first post here but you all probably know of me on ar15.com and m4carbine.net.
    Our ambidextrous safety selector is the result of about a year's research, testing and input from users. This current product is actually the second iteration, our first effort was too radical and didn't offer enough purchase, so went the more conventional route.

We know its name may raise some eye brows in some circles, to us, it's only following our naming convention for the AR platform. BAD (company initials) followed by the product initials (Ambidextrous Safety Selector), others like RRA and Bushmaster also call theirs ambidextrous safety selector.

We had spent no time and energy on its looks, for appearance was not one of the design goals. Every curve, surface, angle of the lever and serration, selection of material (including screws) was scrutinized. The 90 degree surface of the lever is no accident, neither is the broad surface area at the tip of the lever. The detent groove and holes were the most time consuming and difficult part to get right, we made improvements to that area, though it's transparent and unnoticed by users.

When it went to market at the end of May, we opted to offer three levers of fairly conventional design (as outlined above). Since then, we have two additional levers based on user input and request: thin-short, and hybrid (akin to the KAC PDW scalloped lever based on our standard lever). In a short time, we've also started a product improvement program to enhance the selector, these changes are:
    1. Inclusion of a KNS stainless steel detent
    2. Inclusion of a higher quality T10 wrench
    3. Reduced elector's flat/cam area diameter for better compatibility with aftermarket triggers

The PIP is an ongoing program, we will continue to make improvements to the product without increasing cost to customers.

We will be bringing to market a 45 degree, short throw selector this Fall.

The select fire version is coming to market sooner than we planned, its development schedule and cycle has been compressed and hastened by an urgent request.

We're close to finishing the select fire version. The M16 version we’re currently developing has a different lever attachment interface than the more conventional ambidextrous selectors, the new attachment method is much stronger and relegates the screw to the task of simply keeping the lever in place, pressure and shear force is born by the robust interface instead.

We can send the WEVO staff couple of T&E samples to try when we have them back in stock in the first half of August.

Please contact me any time if there's any question I can answer for you, roger@battlearmsdevelopment.com

Thanks you guys.
    Great background on your product here. Like I said, I saw the BADASS in the latest NRA magazine, so I had to track it down online. I have tried the Bushmaster ambi-safety and it is less than desirable; the screws are weak.

I would be ordering 4 BADASSs right now if new safeties were at the top of my shopping list--they are a close second, so maybe in August. Although I have not tried out this product, I figured I would post it up here so others were aware of it and we could get some feedback on it. Thanks.

I am not WEVO staff, but I am always interested in a T&E. I'm not offended if the offer is not extended, but I am open to supporting a new innovation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got some to test out. So far I have to say the workmanship is very good. The Ti safety detent is very slick. In the combination with the safety selector core it glides very easily.. which to be honest I have to take some time getting use to since I'm use to the harder to rotate LMT safety selector. I have to take some time to look at it closely and do some comparisons. So far it's very positive.. Stiill unsure which of the selectors I like the most.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Review on this one has started, we will be updating soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Stick!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some news for everyone.

We have the green light for the NEW 45 degree selector. It's new in that it will have a nub on the left side that prevents it from being a drop-in kit for a conventional receiver that's not properly marked. We are in talks with Spike's to create a special 45 degree receiver with proper Fire markings.

If the 45 degree selector is modified to fit a conventional receiver, it voids the warranty. Our policy is that it should be used only with the special receiver with proper markings for everyone's safety. We have no right to tell anyone what to do with it after they've bought it, only that unauthorized modification voids the warranty and is in violation of our terms and conditions. We have nothing to gain, money wise, in the special receiver, as Spike's will sell them. We just need to cover ourselves by making the selector into a non-drop in kit for unmarked receivers.

Lastly, we have received a small number of Geissele SSA and DMR triggers, we'll be updating our site shortly to enable folks to buy the best selector AND one of the best triggers together at a special bundle price :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I got my wires crossed about the end cap. Are those going to be included in every order or are they going to be an option in the place of one of the levers?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I think I got my wires crossed about the end cap. Are those going to be included in every order or are they going to be an option in the place of one of the levers?
    I believe it's a optional item.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes the end cap is an optional item, it costs as much to make as a lever for now, as we are only making a limited number of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    T&E on its way to an EAG class next week...