Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered a new BAD ASS for my Stag based on reviews here and my brother's experience with his- two posts above. Before I have even received my safety I am very happy to report that Roger has already provided great customer service. I placed an order last evening, that same evening I had confirmation of the order and a very kind personal email from Roger thanking me for my order. Wow what a way to start things off, and a rarity in today's business world. I will edit my post upon receiving and using the safety later this week. Thank you Roger!

EDIT- I received my safety yesterday. Fit and finish was outstanding. Easy to install and done quickly.

In terms of function I really like this safety for a few reasons. First, it seems easier for me to manipulate on the strong side as compared to the stock safety. The standard lever seems "boxier" for lack of a better term and thus makes operating it more ergonomic. (Granted I'm new to the rifle for all intents and purposes so it may be me.) Secondly, being able to put the safety on with your fire-control hand is much easier and more natural to me, although again I am getting used to this new method. Lastly, and obviously the purpose of the safety is being able to manipulate it in the "traditional" sense when shooting from your support side. This is a completely new act for me so it's awkward to begin with but trying to take the safety off when shooting lefty for me was really annoying as it wasn't "easy". The BAD-ASS rectifies that.

Lastly, I have received simply outstanding service from Roger at Battle Arms. He's been quick to reply to my emails, very accommodating, and is even sending me another lever to try while I decide which setup is best for me. (Right now I'm using two standard levers.)

Than you Roger for a great product and awesome service. Well worth every dollar.

Christian.
    Last edited by CLBME; 18 March 2011 at 06:54.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Please let us know how you like it :)

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Battle Arms Development Excerpt - NRA American Rifleman

I have to give you a call. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Please do, your number has been changed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just received my B.A.D. A.S.S in the FDE Cerakote. Great product and installed easily. Nice work on these, Duffy.

And an attempt at my poor quality photography to show how well the color match is:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you doul76! I'm about to take some pictures like yours, except most I don't have a FDE stock, so mine will have FDE TD grip and FDE anti-rotation pins :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Courtesy of ar15.com, their latest billet, ambidextrous receiver

Featuring billet construction (reminiscent of the Magpul receiver), Norgon ambi mag release, right side bolt release, and is compatible with both the 45 degree short throw, or the legacy 90 degree selector :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok... I'll go there... How much and are they available? That receiver looks sweet. Not shown in the AR15.com store.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...1168992&page=4
    AR15.com has not officially announced it yet, I do not have pricing or availability info, we only make one part for the project. If Ed spent as much time on the other components as he did with us (which I suspect he did), Ed had more than done his due diligence :)

Top shelf components everywhere. Norgon ambi mag release, Geissele trigger (I am not sure which model), Magpul MIAD grip and UBR stock. Right side bolt release, and of course our 45 degree selector.

I do not know how customizable it will be, for instance, legacy 90 degree selector instead of 45 degree, LMT or CTR stock instead of UBR, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    And as an update the AR15.com receiver shown above has been released. It's available with a few stock options and runs about $800.00
    Hatter

Took a little hiatus... good to be back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There MAY be some news regarding stripped receivers, I haven't talked to Ed but there are a lot of folks asking for it, so I think he may be inclined to go along. Especially those that already have the triggers and stocks they want to use, this is the way to go. The AR15.com billet receiver is a well considered package, they brought together all the components that were specifically chosen to meet their design goals. So to sell the stripped receiver is kind of like selling a Ferrari engine for folks to put into a VW, the end result just isn't the same as a complete Ferrari.

Anyway, we now have foliage green selectors available now too :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    On page 11 and 12 :)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Very nice!