Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm finally going to give one of the 45 degree levers a try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll love it :)

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    3B, I had no interest in them until I got an AXTS lower that came with one. After one range session I bought another one, used on the M4C EE, for my own gun.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rob, if you need another one, please contact me and I'll send you another for "T&E"

Actually, the dovetailed version will come out in early November, you might want to wait till then

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I can wait...

I'm already waiting for Brownells to ship me my K-grip for the same carbine and wanted to change out both at once, but the waiting on them is getting old quick...
    Last edited by rob_s; 4 October 2011 at 13:18.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    3B, I had no interest in them until I got an AXTS lower that came with one. After one range session I bought another one, used on the M4C EE, for my own gun.
    Yea Rob...I posted this comment somewhere else, but when I fliped it for the first time, it was a real "oh shit" lightbulb moment for me.

On your wait for the K-grip...have you ever tried DSGarms? They always seem to get stuff faster than Brownells.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ran ~26 shooters through unconventional positions last night. Brokeback, SBU, rollover, and supine. Showed off the 45* and explained how it worked to the group, and after only a few of the positions they quickly figured out the advantage of both an ambi set of levers and a reduced throw, without even laying hands on. Simply getting out of their comfort zone and having trouble operating the stock controls and seeing another option in someone else's hands was a real eye opener for them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The initial resistance, prior training and some preconceived notion all conspire to make the short throw selector an item that needs hands on experience to appreciate, we've always known that it would be slow going. For those willing to try something different (it's not new, as it's been on other weapon systems for a long time), it's a great thing.

In other news...

303 stainless steel, these levers took weeks to machine :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    We'll keep updating this as more manufacturers make ready their 45 degree, and 45/90 compatible receivers.

The difference between a strictly 45 degree selector compatible receiver, and a 45/90 compatible receiver is the FIRE/pictogram position. A 45 degree only receiver's FIRE/pictogram engraving is close to 60 degrees, which allows the 45 degree's position indicator to point at it when the selector is set on FIRE. A 45/90 compatible receiver's FIRE/pictogram engraving is situated at 68 degrees, thereby allowing both the 45 and 90 degree selector to both point to its general direction when the selector is switched to FIRE.

45 degree compatible receiver:

Accurate Armory, 45 degree only receiver (45/90 compatible receiver may be coming)

45/90 compatible receiver:

AR15.com billet receiver

AXTS, A-DAC-F (forged) and AX556 (fully ambidextrous, billet) and AX762 (coming soon) receiver

A-DAC-F

AX556

AX762

Photos courtesy of AR15.com, Military Moron, and Rainier Arms
    :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Battle Arms Development is proud to announce it is now a Costa Ludus Syndicate :D

Battle Arms on Costa Ludus

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Battle Arms Development is proud to announce it is now a Costa Ludus Syndicate :D

Battle Arms on Costa Ludus
    Congrats, Duffy!

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks! :D

Oh the 7th mount has been revealed:

8th (short crank):

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainier Arms now has a 45/90 compatible receivers as well :D

Rainier Arms receiver

In other news, Smith & Wesson MP15-22 centers will be available next week. The centers are slightly longer to accommodate the wider receiver, the 15-22 selector centers are compatible with BAD-A.S.S. levers (not the dovetailed BAD-CASS levers) :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are available now at Simple Weapon Solutions, we haven't put it on our site yet :p

Jon at Simple Weapon Solutions has much to do with the accelerated development pace of the 15-22 selector. We had discussed the possibility of it internally, but we didn't know if there was any interest. Jon made prototypes of the centers and, based on the responses and feedback on the SW forum, we decided to work together and bring it to market.

Price wise, it's the same as the .223 /.308, as it's the same material. Early on, the possibility of using aluminum was discussed, but the grade of aluminum we would have used was just as expensive as the 12L14 steel we already use, and would bring no additional benefits, so the center isn't "downgraded" from the .223 /.308 version, it is the same.

The 15-22 kit, is treated like any other selector we have. It comes with a KNS detent, two extra Grade 8 screws, a detent spring, and a T10 Torx wrench. No corners have been cut because it's meant for a .22LR. While a .223 / .308 selector will not work on a 15-22, a 15-22 selector can work on a center fire AR, so it'd be a poor policy to cut corners and ignore the possibility that it may be mistaken for a center fire selector and used in that manner.