Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul XTM Panel Guide

Weapon System: AR15/ M16

Manufacturer: Magpul Industries

Item Installed: Magpul XTM Rail Panels

Purpose of Item: A two piece rail cover designed to provide protection to both the rail and to the hands of the user. This is a hard cover of two piece design which will not "peel" off the rail, or come loose when heated up or snagged on equipment. Multiple colors allow for a digital look when mixed and matched onto a rail.

Tools Needed:
    None to install. Removes with two 5.56 rounds of ammunition or similar pointed item.

Items Included:
    XTM Rail Panels in one of four different colors.

Foliage Green
    OD Green
    Flat Dark Earth
    Black

The Magpul XTM Rail Panels are easily installed on any weapon using a 1913 spec rail. This guide does not act as a substitute for real world knowledge, and is not designed to turn the reader into a professional “gun plumber”. This is based on my own method of installation, and all liability is with the end user. If you stab yourself, shoot yourself, or find some other manner of getting yourself hurt, you are responsible for your own actions. If you have doubts, get help.

As always, visually and physically inspect your chamber and magazine well and ensure they are empty. There is no reason to be working on a loaded weapon for this.
    Last edited by Stickman; 31 January 2008 at 19:05.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The XTM is a two piece design. There is no male/ female or left/ right side, and any of the colors or pieces will interlock and function correctly.

Take your first XTM panel and press it into place on your rail into the section that you want to cover.

Name:  IMG_0556 1028 WEVO.jpg
Views: 7397
Size:  213.3 KB
    Last edited by Stickman; 31 January 2008 at 18:36.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take the second Magpul XTM Rail Panel, and place it into position. You may notice that the two center pieces are on top, and that they do not slide underneath. Press each panel directly and firmly towards each other until they "click" into place.

Name:  IMG_0560 1028 WEVO.jpg
Views: 3531
Size:  211.3 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Removal of the panels requires two 5.56 rounds of ammunition. In this case, you can see that I'm using the Magpul dummy rounds. Brace the rail and insert the tips underneath the two center plastic latches (as viewed below). Pressing in firmly will release the lock assembly, and the halves will separate a little. You can then pull them apart, or if they are still a little tight, you can twist the rim of the casing to push the two pieces apart.

Name:  IMG_0559 1028 WEVO.jpg
Views: 3328
Size:  200.4 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Panels can be mixed with other colors, alternated in spacing, or used where ever you need to provide rail protection. Color placement and mixing the XTM panels together can provide for a digital camo sort of look, and aids in breaking up the outline.

While I don't have a need to break up the outline of my weapon as a Police Officer, I obviously have a need to protect my rails, and to prevent them from acting like a cheese grater if I knock into something.

Here are a few random pictures showing the Magpul XTM Rail Panels.

Name:  IMG_0550 1028 Stick.jpg
Views: 4069
Size:  304.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0200 1028 stick.jpg
Views: 10259
Size:  217.7 KB
    Last edited by Stickman; 31 January 2008 at 19:08.

Downloads
    Uploads