Downloads
    Uploads

Flashlight info?

Does anyone know of a site that does comprehensive reviews of hand-held flashlights and weapon-mount lights? Preferably one that measures total run time and how much the lumens degrade during that time? I am a big fan of surefire products, as I have the X300 for my Glock and an E2L for general purpose. I am open to other companies but I would like some real-world info on how they stack up to Surefire.

Better yet, what are the odds we could get a product guide going on here? :)

as always, thanks in advance for any information.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    As a rule, the stock Surefire offering isn't going look the best on paper, but imho any quality LED product is going to have adequate output and runtime - durability, switching, and mounting options are what decides for me.

Quib - as always, great resources.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the info guys

Downloads
    Uploads
    CPF seems to be the go-to for anything dealing with lights. You can also call Kevin at BrightFlashlights and he can usually answer any question.

Downloads
    Uploads
    TehLlama- Thanks.

Creeky73- You're Welcome. Hope that can provide some help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
    ..........You can also call Kevin at BrightFlashlights and he can usually answer any question.

+1

I've personally done this myself in the past.

Downloads
    Uploads
    He's very helpful, and has no problem customizing something for you if a boilerplate solution to what you need doesn't exist or needs tweaking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was looking over at mil-spec monkey and military moron's website, I also went to youtube for some short video on flashlight comparisions. I was thinking the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...snum=0&spell=1

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have carried a Streamlight product for over 12 yrs, recently upgraded to a poly stinger LED. Great rechargeable light, long burn time, good dispersion with focused center. Streamlight is a great company to deal with. I sent (2) of my older incandescent Stingers back to the company and because of the lifetime warranty, they replaced the worn switches and scratched lenses for free and got a good deal on replacement batteries. Keep them around the house now.

I also carry the Blachawk Gladius. I purchased it during the training class with Strategos. Great low light training BTW. I sent it back for a lumen upgrade, it makes a difference. It has taken a beating over the last 4yrs and all I do is change batteries.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as drop-ins go, if is says "Malkoff" on it, you're good to go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gt_mule View Post
    As far as drop-ins go, if is says "Malkoff" on it, you're good to go.
    The cree's are very nice . I just bought a bunch of Fenix flashlights on a group buy , they are amazing all of them come with cree led's , waterproof , light , durable just amazing for the price we got them .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Candlepowerforums is probably the best place to get information about lights. But also keep in mind - If your Military/LEO - they look at lights in a civilian use. But their information and pictures cant be beat...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, candlepowerforums gives valuable information regarding flashlights and lighting stuffs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lots of good info here. It's been retired for some time but the information is still relevant:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com

Digitally-regulated lights will not dim over time. They will remain at a constant brightness until the battery is depleted, then switch to a low-level mode until it's completely dead.

Most Fenix lights are digitally regulated. I've used many lights and these are still my favorites:

http://www.fenix-store.com