Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engraving SBR

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Ident and Orion are both 07/02 FFL's and SOT and as such can send your lower directly back to you after engraving. That's how it worked for me with Ident...even though I had my FFL send it to them (no UPS hub around here), they sent it back directly to me.
    Good to know. Plenty of optioins then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any FFL gunsmith can repair NFA items. I'd recommend getting the engraving done before sending the Form 1 anyway.

Firearms shipped to an FFL for repair are shipped directly back to the customer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had been working with Orion to get my SBR engraving done. I was trying to learn more about the process, pricing, and lead time. In the way of commerce I figured I'd get a competitive quote from the guys down at Ident. The responses and time for which I received those responses secured my business with Ident. Pricing was just about the same for the two companies but the shorter lead time at Ident and the EXTREMELY friendly customer service that Gordon provided was awesome!

Since I had to form an LLC to get my NFA needs filled I decided I might as well get a nice looking logo to go with it. I created the DXF that included LLC name and location and sent it down to Gordon at Ident. He said he would hold my receiver if I couldn't get my logo complete by the time he received it. The original quote he gave me for the original text of name and location still stood for the logo as well. I'm expecting to get it back any day and let everyone know how the work looks.

Then it'll be assembling the lower receiver kit and stock and driving myself insane as I wait for my stamp... tic toc... tic toc...

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no depth requirement for you as the "Maker" adding your name, city and state or your trusts name, city and state. There is a depth requirement for the serial number on the weapon but this is not what you will be engraving. You could use an engraving pen but that would look like hell. You can engrave the upper or bbl too if you'd like. Most folks engrave the lower. Ident or Orion would be two excellent choices. I'm sure there are others too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also once you remove the SBR or SBS bbl or upper the status has changed and you no longer have an SBR or SBS. You could use your "SBR" lower with a 16+" upper say for a class in another state that does not allow SBR's. So there is no issue on who can or can not work on your lower that said it would suck to loose the lower you've registered.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    There is no depth requirement for you as the "Maker" adding your name, city and state or your trusts name, city and state. There is a depth requirement for the serial number on the weapon but this is not what you will be engraving. You could use an engraving pen but that would look like hell. You can engrave the upper or bbl too if you'd like. Most folks engrave the lower. Ident or Orion would be two excellent choices. I'm sure there are others too.
    That name/trust, city, state of the "maker" does need to adhere to the .003" depth requirements, same as the serial number. (479.102 of NFA)