Downloads
    Uploads

Review of the Battle Arms Development - Ambidextrous Safety Selector

Please post comments/suggestions here.

INTRO:
    This is my review of the Battle Arms Development - Ambidextrous Safety Selector.

BATTLE ARMS DEVELOPMENT - AMBIDEXTROUS SAFETY SELECTOR:
    The Battle Arms Development - Ambidextrous Safety Selector comes as shown in the above picture. You actually get to choose 3 Selector Levers of your choice.

INITIAL IMPRESSION:
    I have been using an Ambidextrous Safety for several years. The one that I was using was a standard Ambidextrous Safety that I will not name the manufacturer. The problem that I had with the previous Ambidextrous Safety was that the Selector Lever on the right side was held on by a tiny little nipple/pin and the screw was also very small. Periodically, the screw would back out and the right Selector Lever would free-spin around. The fix was some blue loctite, but as I discovered when I tried to take it off, I had to break the Selector Lever to get it off.

The Battle Arms Development - Ambidextrous Safety Selector is robust. One of the first things that I noticed about the Battle Arms Development - Ambidextrous Safety Selector was the large slot in which the Selector Lever sits in. This prevents the Selector Lever from free-spinning. Honestly, I was sold on this feature alone. Compared to my previous Ambidextrous Safety, the Battle Arms Development - Ambidextrous Safety Selector has one more screw because it is customizable. Some people will say that it adds more Complexity, I totally disagree. It adds more Flexibility. I'm a firm believer in not changing things on an AR or any weapon unless it makes that weapon better and at the same time it has to be durable enough for Combat Use. This is one of those products.

WHY THE NEED FOR AN AMBIDEXTROUS SAFETY SELECTOR:
    I know many people will question the need for and Ambidextrous Safety Selector. Like anything, it just depends on what/how you shoot. In LE, I am trained to have the finger indexed and the safety ON until I am ready to shoot. For me, I am much faster at manipulating the safety from both sides (Ambidextrous Safety). When shooting right handed, I use my right thumb to put the weapon on fire, and I use the top of my right index finger - in a rolling type of motion - to place the AR on SAFE. It is by far the fastest way that I have found to manipulate the safety. And in CQB, those tenths of a second are paramount.

When I received the Battle Arms Development - Ambidextrous Safety Selector I tried out all three different Selector Levers (Standard, Short, and Thin) and naturally, I placed the Standard Lever on the left side and the Short Lever on the right side. This worked well for me, but when I switched to southpaw, I had a harder time reaching the Short Lever with my left thumb. I contacted Duffy and obtained another Standard Lever to place on the right side. I can honestly say that this is perfect for me.

CONCLUSION:
    I tried to look for negatives, but I Honestly can't think of any. At $60, the Battle Arms Development - Ambidextrous Safety Selector is more expensive than a Standard Ambidextrous Safety, but I see this as a BMW to Chevy comparison. You get what you pay for. Some people will say that it is more complex because of the added parts. Again, I disagree. What the Battle Arms Development - Ambidextrous Safety Selector offers is a truly durable Ambidextrous Safety Selector that I would not hesitate to use on a Combat Weapon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Downloads
    Uploads
    My contract with Military Times prevents me from copying the information from one site to the other. Hit the link below for more information, pictures, and the writeup.

The condensed version is that the Battle Arms Development team has created a solid ambi-safety that is capable of swapping billet selectors to ensure freedom of movement without interference in the shooting hand which is typical found in other ambi-safeties. This is available with 5 different selectors sizes, widths and shapes, as well as for both AR15 and M16 platforms.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...r-b-a-d-a-s-s/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Installation of the Battle Arms Development - Ambidextrous Safety Selector (BAD-ASS)

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ctor-(BAD-ASS)