Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I assume you are asking about what brand of rail pieces, since we are talking about affixing them to a VTAC Extreme; It's been a long day and I'm easily confused so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you.

I didn't know there were different brand of rail pieces so I would have no idea about which brand to choose.

In terms of using the IWC insertion tool, is there any brand that is more compatible than another?

LOL.....no problem, it's been a long day for me as well.

I do not think anyone out there that makes accessory rails for this type of installation, uses an insertion tool such as IWC.

The instructions for the JP rail kind of leave it up to the installer to find something suitable to hold things in place during install......http://www.jprifles.com/instructions/Rifle/JPTR.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Well.

It would be cool if IWC could find a way to make rail mounting on such handguards as easy as they do with their own products but I seem to remember that their website said that they're not into rails.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a two foot piece of 1/8" dowel that I use to install rails on my 13" TRX-E. I put a little piece of double sided foam tape at one end, stick the backing nut to it and cuss until it's done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have a two foot piece of 1/8" dowel that I use to install rails on my 13" TRX-E. I put a little piece of double sided foam tape at one end, stick the backing nut to it and cuss until it's done.
    That'll work!

A few months back I was watching a couple mechanics at work struggling with trying to get a GPS antenna doubler down the inside of the horizontal stabilizer of an EC145. The strand of safety wire they had wrapped around the doubler wasn't cutting it, and they weren't giving up on the idea.

I grabbed a 3' long section of aluminum extrusion, doubled up some masking tape and stuck that to the extrusion, stuck the doubler to the tape, and fed it down inside the stab, holding it up against the skin for them to install the antenna mounting hardware from the outside.

LOL......They both shook their heads...."Why the hell didn't we think of that!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Well.

It would be cool if IWC could find a way to make rail mounting on such handguards as easy as they do with their own products but I seem to remember that their website said that they're not into rails.
    I'll do some research by Thursday and post a solution... stay tuned!!!
    http://www.mount-n-slot.com
    Impact Weapons Components manufacturers Mounts and Components for AR-15's, ACR's & SCAR's

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MOUNT-N-SLOT View Post
    I'll do some research by Thursday and post a solution... stay tuned!!!
    I most certainly will!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I most certainly will!
    PM me with a shipping address and I'll sent you the tool necessary to mount the TROY RAIL SECTION on the Hand Guard without removing it.

No Charge... Glad to help.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
    Impact Weapons Components manufacturers Mounts and Components for AR-15's, ACR's & SCAR's

Downloads
    Uploads
    PM sent

Downloads
    Uploads

IWC & SureFire Team Up to Offer Combo Pkgs

IWC will add SureFire Illumination Tools to our site, and begin offering them in a package with our extensive line of LIGHT MOUNT-N-SLOT brand Direct Attach Mounts.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MOUNT-N-SLOT View Post
    IWC will add SureFire Illumination Tools to our site, and begin offering them in a package with our extensive line of LIGHT MOUNT-N-SLOT brand Direct Attach Mounts.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
    I like the sound of this. I was just looking at my mini Scout the other day and thinking I could bolt it to the slot on my Troy VTAC tube without the mount. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys, while searching for picatinny rail bipod adapters, I came across this site and the review by Quib of IWC's products. So first off, thanks for that nice review Quib, and on to my question. I have a 9"-13" Harris bipod of the non-cant, non-traversing type that I would like to put onto my AR. If I get the "MOUNT-N-SLOT™ Bipod Mount-V2" and mount my non-traversing bipod onto it will that allow me to traverse without moving my bipod legs? OR does the bipod suck up to the bottom of the mount as in mounting onto a stock, so then it wouldn't move once tightened?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop0351 View Post
    Hey guys, while searching for picatinny rail bipod adapters, I came across this site and the review by Quib of IWC's products. So first off, thanks for that nice review Quib, and on to my question. I have a 9"-13" Harris bipod of the non-cant, non-traversing type that I would like to put onto my AR. If I get the "MOUNT-N-SLOT™ Bipod Mount-V2" and mount my non-traversing bipod onto it will that allow me to traverse without moving my bipod legs? OR does the bipod suck up to the bottom of the mount as in mounting onto a stock, so then it wouldn't move once tightened?
    I'm a bit late here in responding, I totally missed this post until today.....I apologize for that oversight.

Mounting of a non-traversing bi-pod to the IWC V2 bi-pod mount, will not give the bi-pod the ability to traverse.

Thanks for the comments regarding my review of IWC's products, I'm glad to read you found my review informative. Again I apologize for missing this post.......Welcome to Weapon Evolution.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be using the sling mount and bipod mount on my TRX-E rail on my new build. Looks like some real good equipment.
    Tactical Fat Guy