Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Battle Comp review started

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...3125#post23125

A review of the Battle Comp has started, we will be updating it as we get more rounds down range, and as we get feedback from more shooters.

Initial thoughts are up so far, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask away....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got the stainless version on my carbine, and I can say the finish is equally fantastic on it as well. I've got some pics and videos scattered throughout my blog as well. (Although your photos tend to make mine look like crap...)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to get one until I saw the price on them. I'm sure they are very nice and very effective, but at $125, it is a heavy price to pay. I have a hard time dishing out $99 for an FSC556.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Paulo,

Understood. Have one for the 5.56 on my A1, also have the FSC556 on a midlength. Between the two, I prefer the Battle Comp. Just as effective, if not a bit more, and significantly less concusion/blast.

I have one for my 6.8 SBR I'm going to work with this weekend.

Personal opinion, absolutely great product.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post
    I was going to get one until I saw the price on them. I'm sure they are very nice and very effective, but at $125, it is a heavy price to pay. I have a hard time dishing out $99 for an FSC556.
    I agree. The cost aside, we have version 1.0 out now, but version 1.5 just around the corner.

I like my FSC556. I wear hearing protection...isn't too loud for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What makes it worse for me is that I have the FSC556 pinned since I live in NJ. So in order to remove the FSC556, id have to pay around $35 to get the FSC557 removed which will be destroyed. So that is around $135. Then pay $125 for the Battlecomp and pay another $35 to pin it on. So if my math is correct, it would cost $295 to replace my FSC556 with the BattleComp.

I'm pretty sure it is a great product, but I just can't justify the price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The cycle of product development is certainly one of the downsides of pinning things. I'm interested in doing some testing on the BC, 1.5 and BABC, but have to admit too that the price is discouraging.

I can say that I ran shooters in a match several weeks ago and muzzle devices ran the gamut from PWS, to KAC, to A2, to really obnoxious gamer brakes. The KAS and the BC were the least offensive in terms of concussion on bystanders. My own PWS was pretty concussive shooting inside a vehicle as well. Given that the BC is 50% of the price of the KAC one could argue that it's a "bargain" if side blast is important.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a chance to check out the BattleComp 1.0, courtesy of Jeff (www.leoarmory.com) and Andrew (www.vuurwapenblog.com), a few weeks ago. It was my first experience shooting any muzzle device aside from a standard A2.

I was able to shoot a few brakes, including an PWS FSC556, a PSW TTO, Vortex, VLTOR VC-1, Blackout, and the BC 1.0.

As far as the compensators were concerned, both the PWS and BC 1.0 brakes were phenomenal, especially compared to an A2 (no surprise). I personally, however, still preferred shooting the BC 1.0 over the PWS. The BC disperses the gases radially and forward, whereas the PWS pushes gases out to the sides and back towards the shooter, so it's far less disrupting shooting BC. Also, since the BC isn't slotted along the entire circumference, it doesn't kick up as much dust in prone or near the ground as the PWS or brakes that are open. I really couldn't discern a 'winner' between the PWS and BC as far as controlling muzzle rise.

From some night footage we were able to take, the BC also has less flash than the PWS, although both still have more than the standard A2.

After a couple outings shooting the BC 1.0, I decided to buy one. Ya, it's a lot of money. But for me, it really increases the joy in my shooting experience! Especially coming from an A2. The fit and finish on the product is fabulous, and I truly feel that, as far as quality control is concerned, BCE has this as a top priority.

Paulo, I wouldn't worry about replacing your pinned FSC with a BC 1.5... I would just keep the BC compensator in mind next time you are looking at purchasing a new upper :)

Stick... Can't wait for your full review!
    Last edited by willardcw4; 2 September 2010 at 20:32.
    Dynamically Scaled Oblique Flying Wing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-eTXIyYYQ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Paulo,

That makes it much clearer. Definitely not worth the change at that cost.

Rob,

If you're interested, you're welcome to T&E my BABC around the end of the month. If I'm not mistaken, I thought you were running a 6.8 SBR type, and would be interested in your feedback. I'm going to bounce back and forth with my SBR over the next couple of weeks, but it doesn't have to stay on the rifle by any means at the moment, as I'm perfectly satisfied so far with what's on it.

S

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw the BattleComp as an alternative to the super-expensive KAC Triple Tap. Makes the $125 look like a steal! (BattleComp also offers a slight discount for Mil/LEO, which is nice.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know LEO Armory (www.leoarmory.com) also gives discounts on products, including the BC 1.0, for mil, leo, ff, and ems... BCE also gives discounts straight from the manufacturer.
    Dynamically Scaled Oblique Flying Wing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-eTXIyYYQ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to see the BC is getting used, I've been running one on a Colt 6920. The video by mil-spec monkey, opening scene, is my buddy from work. We shot the BC and liked the device. I'll add some info later.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had one for about a month, and through the first couple hundred rounds, I would have to say that the product seems to live up to its billing. Paid full (MIL/LEO) price, and while it is steep compared to conventional FHs/comps, as stated, it is extremely reasonable when you consider that it is really a peer competitor for the KAC Triple Tap.

Still getting used to the way that the BattleComp affects the recoil pulse, but the changes are unquestionably positive. I just wasn't expecting this noticeable of a difference from a muzzle device. It definitely has me reconsidering some of my old preferences.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads

When we did this, we shot the BC and the A2, I liked the BC. Capt is active SWAT commander for a local PD down here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Still getting used to the way that the BattleComp affects the recoil pulse, but the changes are unquestionably positive. I just wasn't expecting this noticeable of a difference from a muzzle device. It definitely has me reconsidering some of my old preferences.

AC
    I know what you mean. Here's my buddy shooting it for the first time.