Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tac40 View Post

When we did this, we shot the BC and the A2, I liked the BC. Capt is active SWAT commander for a local PD down here.
    that is pretty cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This appears to be the max flash that you can see in the daytime. The flash is primarily contained inside the device itself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    This appears to be the max flash that you can see in the daytime. The flash is primarily contained inside the device itself.
    How did you time it (camera)?

A very cool pix!

- Mike

Downloads
    Uploads
    w/his ninja reflexes. His camera finger is so fast he has to tell Costa to pull the trigger faster to keep up.

I don't want to hijack and start the thread down that road so back on topic

looking forward to the review Stick, I'm somewhat amazed at how quickly this muzzle devise has become popular. BC must be doing something right.
    Last edited by Uglyduck; 8 September 2010 at 11:40.
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck View Post
    w/his ninja reflexes.

While there is no arguing with the above statement, shooting at 10 frames per second doesn't hurt either.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still contend that it's absolutely necessary now, without The Stig, that these become Costa and/or Stick jokes.

Any comparison vs. the A2? I'm looking at both, I'm just curious what the difference in flash is (any light conditions) - the videos above are great for the low light, I just wish they had ran an A2 as well.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man that's a nice picture of the BC Stick, love slow mo pics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a good video comparing the A2, PWS, and BC

-Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tac40 View Post
    Man that's a nice picture of the BC Stick, love slow mo pics.
    At 10FPS, I should put it into video form.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    At 10FPS, I should put it into video form.
    A Stickman produced video?....that's something I'd like to see!

Downloads
    Uploads
    That flash doesn't appear to be a whole lot more than what I get out of my PWS FSC, if at all...
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck View Post
    Here's a good video comparing the A2, PWS, and BC

When we were out taking these shots it was clear that the BC 1.0 does produce less visible flash than the PWS TTO (which is similar to the FSC556). The downrange video might change if we used a PWS FSC556 vs. PWS TTO, but the main chamber of both compensators is the same, so you can still make the comparison between the FSC556 and the BC 1.0 when looking perpendicular to the muzzle break (like Stick's amazing pic).

It makes sense that you'd have less flash in the BC 1.0 since the chamber is slotted, opposed to having a more open chamber like the FSC.

I'd like to do some more comparisons with night vision testing between the different breaks and flash hiders, but that's up to 87GN at www.vuurwapenblog.com

The A2 still offers better flash hiding, no question about it :) I still run a BC 1.0 on my weapon though! It just depends on your priority / use for the weapon.
    Dynamically Scaled Oblique Flying Wing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-eTXIyYYQ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got some time today with the BC on the 8.5" SBR in 6.8 SPC. Not as blasty as I would have imagined, but did feel powder on support arm (upper forearm). Noise was acceptable and even comparable after removing the Levang style Black River Tactical "Cover Comp" (which I also think highly of, but the BC fits my intended purpose of this build.)

Please excuse any improper anythings, just a day of safe backyard shooting.

110gr Hornady OTM match:

110gr SSA prohunter. Flash and powder (arm) more noticeable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Local defensive carbine course this weekend - was able to put a lot of rounds through both FSC556 and BCE 1.0. Loved the BattleComp on my Noveske Light Recce. FSC556 on my 11.5 SBR...not so much.

Significant difference in blast. The FSC556 was pretty violent - ears ringing pretty good from the noise, which made it through my earpro (HL Impact Sport). Had to add a set of Surefires underneath. Now to decide whether to switch the BattleComp to the SBR to compare, or just bite the bullet and buy another BattleComp for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also got to shoot the BC 1.0 today (er, technically yesterday) alongside my PWS FSC as well. It was pouring torrential rain today (think Noah's Ark) and was heavy enough cloud cover to simulate early evening or dawn twilight. The battle comp trumped my PWS FSC in every regard, even to include flash.

Basic statistics on the rifles:

PWS FSC, 16" chrome lined barrel w/ midlength gas system, auto carrier group, Spike's T2 Buffer and a CS Flatwire buffer spring.

Battlecomp 1.0, 16" chrome lined barrel w/ midlength gas system, unsure on the carrier group, standard carbine buffer and spring.

Also it would be of note that the AR wearing the Battlecomp had significantly more heft up front due to a heavier barrel profile and accessories. I do NOT know how much that vs. the Battlecomp affected muzzle flip. I DO know that it was even easier than my rifle, wearing the PWS, to keep on target. As for blast/concussion and noise, the BC didn't behave at all like a break, as the characteristics were actually much closer the Smith Vortex that was also present. Recoil impulse between the two was similar, though mine was smoother (almost definitely due to the buffer system). Flash, as noted above, was also less. Noticeable, but not significantly.

In a nutshell, the biggest difference was far and away the blast and noise (or lack thereof), with slightly better muzzle control and slightly less flash when compared to the PWS FSC.

**I'll add a disclaimer that this obviously was not a scientific test in any way, shape, or form. Merely my observations.
    Last edited by Aragorn; 13 September 2010 at 11:12.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler