Gents,
Let me start off with: You f*cks make feel old!!!,,lol
I carried an A1 (Amanda) and later an A2 daily, and I do mean daily, for 3 years; in what is rapidly becoming ancient history. My fair complection, and an hockey damaged knee encouraged me to find an other way to serve my counntry. So I jumped from USMC to USAF, twenty two years laterI hung up my hat(cover).
I must comment on the profound knowledge base available here and on other boards. And on the available mods and variants in the field today. The imtimate knowledge level of some of the guys here are even above "regimental level". Dating myself.

Having said that,, I do think that I've fulfilled my obligation by "reading the whole f*ckin forum" before asking a stupid question.

So, does anyone on here have any FIRST-HAND knowledge or experience with the Knight's ambi mag release? And, how does it compair to the Norgon??
I've done a LOT of reading on this and do NOT take mod's lightly.
- YUP,, a lefty.
- Word on here is that the Norgon is GTG.
- The $20 difference in price is NOT a factor.
- Does the Knight's ambi HAVE to use the oversized right side button?
- Is there any advantage to the Knight's that I might be missing?
- The Troy ambi is not an option,, don't like the pivot against the lower idea.
- Before I buy it , I want good intel,, if it doesn't water my eyes it stays on my rifle for about 3 minutes.

At the risk of starting a "Colt war" on here,, I'll admit that this weapon does have a horse on left side of it's lower and some
LE mumbo-jumbo below that. ( Forgive me, but as a prodigal son,, MIL SPEC is a very comfortable starting point).
The only mod to the original rifle was to reverse the sling mount and install a BAD A.S.S. which is bad-ass. These are the kinds of mod's that we'd have killed for "back in the day".
I'm not the high speed - low drag operator that some on here are. We didn't have them,,then. I aspired to sniper school,, made DM,, that sucked,, never tried that hard again,,,lol

I hope that counts as a worthy intro, and an honest question.
If I don't get back to you quickly,, forgive,, the time difference can be a bitch. Thanks in advance.
--twheel