Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think for a general purpose beater gun, especially one that isn't likely to get more than a red dot (or simply run straight irons), it would be hard to beat. More so if it were wearing a rifle length MOE. Even MORE so if they did it in the above mentioned pencil profile.

All else being equal, I think people would buy it just to give their rifle a unique appearance.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Any more smu... er pics of this configuration? I'm still old school enough that I like how A2 handguards fit my hands.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Any more smu... er pics of this configuration? I'm still old school enough that I like how A2 handguards fit my hands.

I'll shoot some pictures with other stocks if you like, but I'm heading out to run some quick pistol drills, so it won't be for a little while.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this 'dissy' something that could be done with their 14.5" midlength upper or is there just not enough room in front?

Edited to also ask:

would this be a BHF barrel?

Looking over the BCM website I noticed that the BHF is only offered with 16" barrels or the only 14.5" barrelled upper that comes with a LaRue 9" handguard (same thing with the complete rifles). Does anyone know why that is?
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 10 September 2010 at 16:08.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the idea of it, and would have gotten one 2 months ago when I ordered my BCM upper if a) it had been available, and b) the magpul hand guards had been released. I think that, even if no other purpose was served, just getting the front sight a little further out than a typical carbine or mid length allows is nice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No hurry, Stick - actually ACS is my stock of choice and I like A2 corncobs, but if you happen to have a rifle length MOE lying around...

Downloads
    Uploads
    No hurry, Stick - actually ACS is my stock of choice and I like A2 corncobs, but if you happen to have a rifle length MOE lying around...

I'm not able to confirm or release images of Magpul products that are not in production or shipping at this time. .

Too many crying little girls on the internet ruined a good thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have to settle for the BCM Gunfighter poster... but we get the idea.

Only with the MOE handguards would the dissy make sense for me, and I'm still more likely to agree with Rob that just running a TROY 13" Extreme with DD Front sight accomplishes the same thing with less weight. I'll probably do the latter, but I can see why they'll be able to sell a full run if they do make the dissipators.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Too many crying little girls on the internet ruined a good thing.
    How so?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    How so?
    Companies put out an ESTIMATED time of release and when the product isn't released at that date, guys on the internet start bitching and mother f^*(^ companies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, it's one thing to wish something would be released but some of the jamokes have an almost palpable sense of entitlement about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post
    Companies put out an ESTIMATED time of release and when the product isn't released at that date, guys on the internet start bitching and mother f^*(^ companies.
    Yeah, it's one thing to wish something would be released but some of the jamokes have an almost palpable sense of entitlement about it.
    I understood that part but I'm not sure I understand the "ruined a good thing" part.

How is a company like Magpul affected sufficiently by all the internet idiocy that it (the idiocy) "ruined a good thing"?

I'll admit to have gotten impatient with the release of products in the past but that was/is my problem. A quality company, like Magpul, will release its products when they're good and ready irrelevant of whining, right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I understood that part but I'm not sure I understand the "ruined a good thing" part.

How is a company like Magpul affected sufficiently by all the internet idiocy that it (the idiocy) "ruined a good thing"?

I'll admit to have gotten impatient with the release of products in the past but that was/is my problem. A quality company, like Magpul, will release its products when they're good and ready irrelevant of whining, right?

I think that a lot of people know that I'm Magpuls photographer. For years I shot items that were prototypes to show people what was coming in the future. Some of these items were released pretty shortly after, some were not.

Instead of people getting to see what was upcoming, and give their feedback, it turned into people whining with an entitlement thought process, and upset because I had something that they did not.

When a company is getting multiple calls and emails a day wanting to know why "Stickman" has an item and is posting pictures when they don't have one, things have gone into the realm of absurd.

The simple answer is that I no longer post any images of items unless they are already released. The exception is when I'm doing work for Military Times or WEVO when a company is looking specifically for me to release info early.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aah, I get it now.

A good thing has indeed been ruined, especially as I got great enjoyment of the previews you gave us (I wasn't a member then but a "regular lurker")

I did see that BCM has both the midlength and rifle length MOE handguards for sale (they're 'out of stock' which I presume means they once were 'in stock').

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're just not released yet, though the consensus is that such an animal will exist.
    I'm shocked at how upset some folks got when T&E items weren't in their hands on time tables they felt they were entitled to... oh well.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC