Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice review and excellent pics as always Stick. I think Magpul hit a homerun with the MOE line. I know I will be using them soon. Good, durable, and mission adaptable with competitive prices. Definitely products of excellent value.
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    How is the heatshielding likely to be done on these?

JAH-23 Guest
    Any word on if there will be a midlength released? Thanks for the info and photos Stick!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    How is the heatshielding likely to be done on these?

If you look at the picture of the lower section, you will see that the heat shield inside wraps up and around. I'm not sure if the production models will be any different.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am ready for a set.

Will they come with rails, or will those be an extra cost option?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The handguards do not come with the rail sections.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Release info posted.....

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ted=1#post4569

ETA- I'm working on the review currently, and it should be up tonight. If you have any questions I can answer, feel free to post them.
    Curious as to the overall feel of the handguard. The MOE appears to be narrower than standard carbine units. Similar to the appeal of the Daniel Defense FF rails for their narrower profile. Your opinion?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its a different, but comfortable feel. The problem is that comfort is like looks, they are both subjective. I'll get some more pictures that show other angles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Its a different, but comfortable feel. The problem is that comfort is like looks, they are both subjective. I'll get some more pictures that show other angles.

I appreciate your input and your willingness to supply more pics. Hope I am not imposing, but what are the chances and creating pics with some side by side comparisons with the standard carbine handguards just for a point of reference.

Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Stickman, since you are one of the few who has handled the hanguards I was hoping you could answer this. If I attached a vertical foregrip and the attached a surefire 6p on one of th side slots, should my thumb be able to reach the button on the light's tailcap. I really like the idea of these handguards, but I realized that to be able to mount a 6p on them and be able to easily activate it, I'm going to have to get a vfg. I guess I'm trying to deicide if the moe handguard will work out like I want, because if it doesn't I'll either look at a fsb light mount or just get a troy mrf-di.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Malleus Dei View Post
    I appreciate your input and your willingness to supply more pics. Hope I am not imposing, but what are the chances and creating pics with some side by side comparisons with the standard carbine handguards just for a point of reference.

Thank you!

I missed this post, I'll see what I can do (and hopefully I will remember).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    Hey Stickman, since you are one of the few who has handled the hanguards I was hoping you could answer this. If I attached a vertical foregrip and the attached a surefire 6p on one of th side slots, should my thumb be able to reach the button on the light's tailcap. I really like the idea of these handguards, but I realized that to be able to mount a 6p on them and be able to easily activate it, I'm going to have to get a vfg. I guess I'm trying to deicide if the moe handguard will work out like I want, because if it doesn't I'll either look at a fsb light mount or just get a troy mrf-di.

You should be able to do that without any problem. If you look at the below picture, you can see that there is a lower section which you can attach a rail to. This should allow people with small fingers and hands to be able to work this without any trouble.

I'm not a fan of tape switches, so I think its a great design with the MOE handguard having it laid out this way.

FiftyCalAl Guest
    where is a source for the rail section? any favorites? source? length? Thansk! Alan

Also, with Mag releasing them this week per ARFCOM thread, who has them for sale?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am unaware of anyone who has them for sale quite yet.

ETA

FiftyCalAl Guest
    I just got off the phone wuth Brownells. They will receive them 11JAN09. As a dealer, they let me back order them; not sure if they will for retail customers. They are not in internet catalog yet-had to call and she looked them up on order list.

Also, Rich from MagPul suggested Falcon polymer rails from ERGO on a thread at ARFCOM

[EMAIL=http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4356-2&storeid=1&image=ergoprail.gif&CFID=29685542&CFTO KEN=67055424[/EMAIL]http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail...TOKEN=67055424