Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well people who ordered the MPL MOE from Noveske is going to get these. Wonder if they will come with the rails. I'm still holding my breath on whether I like them or not, but it's definitely cooler than stock handguards.

Stickman, Do you have pictures of them having the rails and accessories installed on them? Really interested in what my rifle would look like when I get it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good question, certainly, but I seriously doubt that the rails are included. That is admittedly just a guess on my part, as we've not really seen these break cover yet outside of reviews. My guess is that, according to the design philosophy of the MOE line, these will remain an optional retrofit, rather than standard kit.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but one has to keep in mind that those with a real-world need for working rail space are probably already pondering an Omega, and not a handguard mounted solution. I'm prepared to give the MOE a try as a light mount and rudimentary VFG solution, but am still not expecting a rail kit up front.

AC
    Last edited by Army Chief; 9 January 2009 at 23:41.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    Stickman, Do you have pictures of them having the rails and accessories installed on them? Really interested in what my rifle would look like when I get it.
    Yes -- Stick has posted relevant photos in earlier reviews (I would have to go search for them, but I know that they exist in his repository), but what I'm waiting for is a quick and dirty photo expose of the MOE carbine with an M4-2000 mounted up to it, just as God intended.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Yes -- Stick has posted relevant photos in earlier reviews (I would have to go search for them, but I know that they exist in his repository), but what I'm waiting for is a quick and dirty photo expose of the MOE carbine with an M4-2000 mounted up to it, just as God intended.

AC

Here is a quick photo that I already have uploaded.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post

While the handguards won't be coming with rails, here is a quick image of what you could expect.

I've got a better picture, but I need to slap a logo on it and get it uploaded.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Here is a quick photo that I already have uploaded.....
    Stick, it probably took me all of about 90 seconds to find that one in your collection. Where do you think I got the idea to ask about seeing it mounted up?

AC

Cru Jones Guest
    Have these handguards been released yet? I thought I read here (or somewhere else) that they were able to order them this week.

T3550N Guest
    A couple vendors have posted on M4C saying that they have them.
    Grant from G&R Tactical is one, I believe that E Guns was another.

Neither have it listed on their site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They have been released, yes, but like any new product, that doesn't mean that they will be particularly easy to find just yet. So far, I've only heard about them being offered in black, and only in a few locations. Try one of the forum vendors, or G and R Tactical -- Grant mentioned that he got several in the other day.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Somebody (like me, for instance) got beat to the draw while replying. :)

AC

Cru Jones Guest
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll try and hunt one down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Somebody (like me, for instance) got beat to the draw while replying. :)

AC
    Yah, but you offered a active link.

T3550N Guest
    True true. I see people avoiding active links on this forum and on M4C. Didn't know if it was forum etiquette not to, so I've been following suit. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, gents.

I think the standing rule just about everywhere is that links and photos* are always appreciated, but they obviously involve some extra effort. It's no big deal for me, but some folks are understandably less comfortable with the coding required -- even if it's pretty straightforward.

AC

* On that note, Ryo be sure to post a couple of photos when your MPL MOE arrives so I can enjoy it vicariously -- I won't get to see mine until November or so.

Cru Jones Guest
    I see they've made it to eBay already...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magpul-MOE-Handg...QQcmdZViewItem