Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting.. thought handguards would be against eBay's policies.

T3550N Guest
    They're just "handguards". Handguards to what? Irrelevant. Guarding is good...you know...on your hands...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone have pics of these new handguards on just a regular M4 type?
    Low Speed, High Drag Phone Operator

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Phazuka View Post
    Anyone have pics of these new handguards on just a regular M4 type?

What do you mean regular type M4? Most standard Military M4 have rails, an Aimpoint, and VFG. What sort of layout were you looking for?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What do you mean regular type M4? Most standard Military M4 have rails, an Aimpoint, and VFG. What sort of layout were you looking for?
    M4 profile barrel. Also, will these handguards fit other types of profile gas blocks (including low profile) or railed gas blocks?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Phazuka View Post
    M4 profile barrel. Also, will these handguards fit other types of profile gas blocks (including low profile) or railed gas blocks?

They have fit all the various types of barrel profiles I've tried them on, remember, they are simply a drop in replacement for traditional handguards. If carbine handguards fit, these will fit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    They have fit all the various types of barrel profiles I've tried them on, remember, they are simply a drop in replacement for traditional handguards. If carbine handguards fit, these will fit.

That's what I was looking for, thanks Stickman!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is just me dreaming out loud, but I would be especially pleased with a short VFG solution that mounted up directly to the handguard itself, thus streamlining and simplifying the install, and eliminatiing the need to add rail sections and conventional (i.e. unnecessarily bulky) mounts to the grip itself.

Granted, a VFG bolted to a drop-in handguard has its limitations, but as a non-load-bearing reference point/hand stop, it could be quite useful. I don't apply a lot of lateral pressure to a VFG, nor to I need anything close to a full length grip, but it is often advantageous to have something there. If that something had a minimalist profile and a nice positive lock-up to the handguard, I would definitely consider it.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another picture to add to my collection. :) Nice Stickman.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does the handguard comes with heat shield -- double or single?

Picture request : Any 'barrel' view of the MOE-HG side-by-side with a regular CAR or M4 HG?
    Last edited by akula88; 18 January 2009 at 05:26. Reason: pix request

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone know who has the handguards in stock right now?

T3550N Guest
    Grant at G&R Tactical. He was away for the shot show, but if you call in first thing Monday, you should be able to reach him. If not, leave a message.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish Magpul would have made these in different lengths. I need a MOE handguard for my mid-length, low profile AR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    Anyone know who has the handguards in stock right now?

Rainier Arms has them in stock, give them a call. They will go up on the website monday or tuesday, but they are there and shipping now. Bravo, Dennys, Brownells and a couple others should currently have them as well, but the only one I know for a fact that has them is RA, and thats because the owner is sitting next to me in the airport.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW-ONE View Post
    I wish Magpul would have made these in different lengths. I need a MOE handguard for my mid-length, low profile AR.

This site is based on factual information, who told you that Magpul is not making a midlength MOE handguard? Go ahead and call them out on it.