Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    terry6v Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Photographic evidence in some of the posts that Stick is referencing elsewhere would seem to suggest that the side sling mount isn't problematic, although the handguard FS extension does prevent it from lying flat. Likely a non-issue, but I don't know if this would become a point of irritation or present any long-term manipulation problems. Conventional wisdom would suggest that it would not, but the MOE handguards haven't been out long enough for us to see a wide variety of alternate sling mounting configurations -- nor to get much feedback from those using the side mount in hard use.

I suspect that in the end, this will still be much ado about nothing, as it does not appear to be an issue.

AC
    My solution to the side sling attachment:
    turn it upside down and then it will fold flat abeit towards the barrel end but it works:

Sorry for the terrible pictures, phones about trashed. And you can see that it still folds back toward the shooter enough for the sling to work right. Mines a lefty that's why it's on that side.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure if there are any other issues associated with this approach (I suspect not), but as a fellow southpaw, I definitely like your thinking.

Great first post!

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by terry6v View Post
    My solution to the side sling attachment:
    turn it upside down and then it will fold flat abeit towards the barrel end but it works:

Sorry for the terrible pictures, phones about trashed. And you can see that it still folds back toward the shooter enough for the sling to work right. Mines a lefty that's why it's on that side.
    Phone camera is probably working as it should.. it's just your too close to the rifle.. you can see items behind your rifle that's in focus.

Thanks if the pictures. They are clear enough to see and get the idea what's going on.

Just like AC, I can't see anything that could wrong with that if you had to side mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Magpul Industries products page has now added the MOE hanguards again, all colors.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered a set of the Magpul MOE handguards and was wondering what rails these are? Who manufactures them?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe we've had a sidebar discussion about this elsewhere. Take a look at this link.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    I believe we've had a sidebar discussion about this elsewhere. Take a look at this link.

AC

Thanks for the link!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorrell View Post
    I've got a Colt 6920 with the side mount sling attach point. Do these handguards work with this type of sling attachment without modification, or would I have to remove some plastic to get them to fit?
    I have the MOE handguards on my Bushmaster and have the side sling mount on right side up, it contacts but doesn't seem like it would cause any problems. Although I have been contemplating flipping it as Terry6v did as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    PK has them in stock. Got mine today.

http://www.pkfirearms.com/store/get_...=0&term=4&pg=2

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got my MOE handguards for my wife's rifle in today. Her's has a side sling swivel (6920 take-off). I flipped it so that it folds flat forwards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beavo451, lets see the rest of that rifle

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 103m 95g View Post
    Beavo451, lets see the rest of that rifle

Downloads
    Uploads
    I received my foliage green MOE handguards last night from Magpul.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone attaching their sling to the handguards? Anyone using an MS2 sling this way?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Anyone attaching their sling to the handguards? Anyone using an MS2 sling this way?
    I have the MS2 sling and a set of MI handguard rails on my AR. I have added the DD sling attachment point to the rails for the option of going to a 2 point set up.