Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Magpul now has polymer rail sections on there website,
    they are 8 slots and fairly inexpensive. Just thought someone on here would like to know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That could definitely save some running around to place multiple orders; of course, these are the same Falcon Industries rail sections that we have been discussing in previous posts, so if something other than the standard 8-slot variant is desired, there is still the option of buying direct.

Good pickup, thanks!

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Back to the top
    I think The guys at MAGPUL have really taken huge a leap in the "Evolution" of weapon furniture.
    I cant get enough of the M.O.E. products
    <cough> new PMAG <cough>

Downloads
    Uploads
    Silly question I'm sure... but those polymer rails from Magpul/Falcon Industries... If I get the 8 slot version, can I chop that into 2, 4 slot rail sections? I'll just buy two short ones if I need to, but if I could just get away with ordering the long one and chopping it, that seemed to make more sense...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd have to look to be sure, but my only concerns with this approach would involve (a) the mounting/attaching points on a cut-down 8'er and (b) having enough hardware on hand to attach them.

If you go with two short rails, you know that the holes will be in the right places, and you'll have everything you need. If you go with chopping down one long one, you may find that you're short attaching bolts, and the holes aren't really in the right places.

This may or may not complicate your plans, but it is something to consider.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
    Silly question I'm sure... but those polymer rails from Magpul/Falcon Industries... If I get the 8 slot version, can I chop that into 2, 4 slot rail sections? I'll just buy two short ones if I need to, but if I could just get away with ordering the long one and chopping it, that seemed to make more sense...
    Be careful when chopping the Magpul/Falcon rail sections to fit the MOE handguards. They fit as is, but the alignment of the rail screw holes, the size/orientation of the screw backer plates (the nut) for the rail screw, and the handguard slots limits the positioning of them. If you do not cut them, you only have about an inch of adjustment forward and back on the handguard. Maybe cutting them would be more versatile....
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll have to admit that I was slow to warm up to the MOE handguards. However, now that I have a set in hand, specifically in FDE, I really do like them. Although most of my gear has always been in standard black (it's a cop thing) I found it necessary to order more Magpul FDE goodies from Brownells. On backorder now are a MOE grip, CTR stock and a few Pmags. The MBUS wasn't an available item yet, but will eventually be added. It looks like the final product will be very similar to the 103M 95G carbine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you find the MOE handguards at Brownells?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately they don't stock them, which is odd since they list the MOE grip and stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Call them with the manufacturers part number and they will let you order them. Same for the MBUS, 7.62 pmags and others. They're probably not on the web site yet because of spotty availability or large back order list.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwilson View Post
    They're probably not on the web site yet because of spotty availability or large back order list.
    That's what I always assumed.

At the normal retail price of the MOE handguards, I'd buy a set if they popped up at another retailer too though. The UBR, on the other hand, is something I'm still holding out to find at Brownells because the discount makes it worthwhile.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ended up just buying them from the Magpul site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The grip fit unusually tight and required a slight mod, but the handguard and stock dropped right into place.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So do they only work with standard FSB's or will they work with flip up FSB's?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need the hand guard end cap to run these.