Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Holsters for pistols with lights

My agency just approved pistol mounted flash lights. I was asked to put together a list of holsters that we can recommend. The lights they have approved are the TLR-1 and the Surefire X300. (ETA the TLR-1S and TLR-3 are on the list too.)

So any suggestions? This is for both uniformed and concealed carry.

TIA
    Last edited by Lancelot; 26 September 2010 at 05:49.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I worked in plain clothes for years carrying a Blade-Tech. The Blade-tech's are made specific for the exact light you'll carry.

After a promotion, I went back into uniform. I now use a Safariland 6360 on a duty belt. The Safariland 6360 will work with several different lights. I carry a Glock 22 with a Surefire X200. The Safariland is Level III retention, but it's still a super fast holster (with practice). In uniform, there is absolutely no other holster I would carry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We use the Safariland III retention also and I highly recommend them. What some people fail to understand is that even though they are III retention, not only are they still fast, but they are designed for our safety. And if your Spidy Senses kick in on a call, you can always unlock the first two retentions and have it ready to go. And most of them come in Leather and Nylon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Safariland, sidearmor, Blade Tech, & Bianchi come to mind. Safariland for duty, their conceal selection is tops. Blade Tech and sidearmor make good kydex holsters. Some of our officers like the Bianchi level 2 holsters for duty. Check out DeSantis holster as well, big back east and with the feds.

http://www.desantisholster.com/index.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    For lighted duty use when uniformed, Safariland comes to mind for me as well. Don't have as much experience on concealed for everyday use.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

Rusty Sherrick makes excellent high quality holsters & mag carriers and he offers a holster for pistols equipped with a light.
    http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/tacticallite.html

Rusty is a good-guy and a real professional that's a pleasure to do business with.
    "LONG LIVE THE FN-BROWNING-SAIVE HIGH POWER"

John Browning & Dieudonne Saive's Designs Will Always be Light Years Ahead of All the Others.

Fighting Anti-Gun Tyrants & Traitors is a 24/7 Job that Must be Done!

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning High Power, than shoot him dead with a plastic pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the above statements! I use a Safariland and Sidearmor for my Glock 22 w/ Surefire X200B and a Blade-Tech for my off duty Glock 27 (no light of course). All of them have lasted me for over 7-11 years.
    Adversity introduces us to ourselves

Facebook: Loess Hills Tactical

Downloads
    Uploads
    Up until recently the issued plain clothes holster was the $14 injection molded holster from blade tech. Some had loops, some had paddles, some had the tech lok thingy on them. The tek lok has been a miserable failure. That being said, my personal blad tech has lasted a long time with no complaints. I kinda liked the old holsters with the molded in belt loops. But that's just me.

Thanks this is helpful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Raven also makes a nice holster for running a light
    EDIT
    posted wrong image, sorry guys

Last edited by The-S; 27 September 2010 at 17:38.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a huge difference in price and quality between injection molded plastic and kydex! No offense to anyone here who either uses or makes holsters from injection molded holsters. My experience is that injection molded is significantly cheaper in price because it is significantly cheaper materials. I would never use anything other than kydex!! Its thicker, holds up better, and is far reliable than the cheap stuff. Buy once cry once!! Spend the money on the real deal. Blade-Tech kydex holsters are solid and good to go! My Glock 27 Blade-Tech holster is nearly 12 years old and looks practically brand new! My Sidearmor is the same way. Both are worth the money!!!
    Adversity introduces us to ourselves

Facebook: Loess Hills Tactical

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The-S View Post
    Raven also makes a nice holster for running a light

Not to be a dick, but are you sure that's a raven holster? It looks more like a blade tech to me.

I don't carry a gun daily, but from what I've seen from raven holsters, you won't be disappointed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ravens have issues with the loops breaking and holster cracking.

The Safariland 2680 is what I used for my G21 w/ TLR1 in uniform, concealed I would go with this http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/tacticallite.html as a COP I want retention. Bianchi makes a cheap version of Rusty's snap OWB also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    deleted....
    Last edited by Lancelot; 29 September 2010 at 05:15.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hwaya View Post
    Not to be a dick, but are you sure that's a raven holster? It looks more like a blade tech to me.

I don't carry a gun daily, but from what I've seen from raven holsters, you won't be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
    Blade-Tech or G-Code maybe, but not raven.
    sorry guys, posted the wrong pic in my photo bucket.

It has been corrected

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by oregonshooter View Post
    Ravens have issues with the loops breaking and holster cracking.

The Safariland 2680 is what I used for my G21 w/ TLR1 in uniform, concealed I would go with this http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/tacticallite.html as a COP I want retention. Bianchi makes a cheap version of Rusty's snap OWB also.

I thought Raven's were all the rage. I haven't heard this before.