Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

OSOE 12 Gauge Micro Rig

I will be doing a review of this rig from OSOE. Very impressed so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet! I remember the group buy on those at SW. I hope you work in the role you see it filling as a civilian.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it would make a great rig for classes, and I would guess that it would be pretty good for 3 gun types with 24 rounds on board.
    For the home owner I think it would be better than something like a claymore bag, bandoleer, or similar setup if the private citizen is looking for something to carry a good number of shells in and whatever incidentals may be needed or desired. For a truck gun, it would make a nice way to carry ammo, some cleaning gear, maybe a light, and GPS.
    There are a lot of opportunities for this.

ETA: Good to talk to you again Jim.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts and more about it. I need to get a decent shotgun rig.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm eager to hear more too. I'd also be interested in hearing how accurate those slugs are out of that short barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks nice, looking forward to your review.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by triplebravo View Post
    I'm eager to hear more too. I'd also be interested in hearing how accurate those slugs are out of that short barrel.
    I've only been able to shoot the slugs on a short range, but I've never heard of problems with slugs out of SBS barrels.
    My issue is going to be more with the sights than the capability of the slug I think. The barrel is plenty long to get about all the velocity as I'm going to get out of it. But the Big Dot is a great short range sight at the expense of being a bit large at longer ranges. It will cover a lot of the target and there is no ability to adjust it.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts and more about it. I need to get a decent shotgun rig.
    This looks like it will be a very good shotgun rig, I like several features of it over some of the more conventional setups.

Quote Originally Posted by UDT View Post
    Looks nice, looking forward to your review.
    I'll keep everybody advised. I should be able to get some time with it in this week, and the fam unit is going to be out of town at the end of the week so I'll have some more time than normal to play around with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tried some PMAGs in the rig. You can put a single PMAg in each pocket, but there is no retention. There is not enough room to fit two mags in. Without putting something in the bottom of the pouch, a 20 rounder is not tall enough.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
    For a truck gun, it would make a nice way to carry ammo, some cleaning gear, maybe a light, and GPS.
    There are a lot of opportunities for this.

ETA: Good to talk to you again Jim.
    Good to hear from ya also. I now have a roll that I might find myself buying this rig for that I would not a few months ago.... I bought a 28ft travel trailer this month and plan on keeping a cheap pump shotty in it for my long gun away from home, a nice setup like this might do the trick.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of the nice things about the inside of the large pouch is the Velcro lining on the back. You can get one of the multitude of pouches that uses Velcro from OSOE, Maxpedition, TT, or anybody else to organize the large pouch further.
    Any number of user specific things can be put in there depending on what you want to have readily on hand.
    Even with the 24 rounds in the carriers it is still very light, and the small footprint makes it comfortable and less noticeable than the larger chest rigs.
    I'm probably going to replace the EMT shears with a rescue tool just to cut down on some of the size, and I'm going to be using a medic tray insert that will take up about half the pouch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got the Medic Tray insert for a little better organization. Gave me enough room to add two chemlights, a rescue tool, and some Kerlix.
    I also stowed a G19 mag in the bottom elastic loops.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd think twice about changing out the shears for a rescue tool. Those shears can't be beat for getting to the wound and will do anything a rescue tool can (cut seatbelts, etc) unless you are talking about a pry-bar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just haven't found a pair of shears that at some point didn't jam up on me or open up enough to end up pushing the material parallel to the blade. I still keep shears around, but for the space on the Micro I think the rescue tool is a better fit. I also get a glass breaker with it.
    They both have their uses, which is why I keep both around.
    ETA: To be clear, the glass breaker thing was a joke. But I am wanting to use a rescue tool like the Extrik8R for the small profile. It will still rip through clothes and boots, and I want the Micro to basically be a minimal setup. I have shears in a more comprehensive setup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
    I just haven't found a pair of shears that at some point didn't jam up on me or open up enough to end up pushing the material parallel to the blade. .
    You need to get your mojo on! :)
    http://www.itstactical.com/2010/10/1...dical-systems/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those look good. May have to check into them.