Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I haven't seen the press release but I have seen the website and I don't see where they might said they wanted to enter the M4 replacement trials. The Military Times article doesn't mention it either.

What am I missing?
    You are correct, I read more into things that were there. Actually the Miltary Times article alludes to the timing of the release coming with the upcoming carbine trials. Read into that what you will.

Also of note is an article from Army Times about the upcoming evaluation.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/0...rbine-082810w/

Of particular note is the following:

No caliber restriction has been placed on a new design. The requirements, instead, are for the most reliable, accurate, durable, easy-to-use and easy-to-maintain weapon out there, Tamilio said.

It will be at least a 500-meter weapon and have a higher incapacitation percentage, meaning if a shot doesn’t kill the enemy, it will put a serious dent in his medical record.
    I wonder if this cartridge can meet this requirement given there's likely to be some 6.8 SPC and .308s competing alongside. maybe the Army will decide in the end to keep the M4, press on with the planned improvements and perhaps offer the 7.62x35 as an augmentation capability for various missions. But that COA isn't discussed in recent press releases and announcements on what their current intent is.
    Last edited by jmart; 7 October 2010 at 18:12.