Thread: Elcan M145C

Downloads
    Uploads

Elcan M145C

I have not seen many reviews on the Elcans. What I have read is that they are super high quality and used by our military, especially for light machine guns. I know a US Army Ranger who uses a high dollar Elcan.

Seems that Elcan has not gained the notoriety of Trijicon, Aimpoint, or Eotech. I just bought an Elcan M145C brand new for $500.00. I could not pass it up since they normally cost around $1200.

Anyone have any feedback on the Elcan??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Elcan isn't the only "real" military sight out there that isn't popular with civilians. Aimpoint and EoTech seem to have better marketing.
    I'm envious of your purchase, you should post a review.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never seen one for sale, they just don't seem as readily available for civilian sales as compared to the Big Three.

Pics and thought please though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I now have it for sale on E-bay. The optics are awesome, but the unit is large and cumbersome. When I mounted it on my SA-58 rifle, it was too high for a comfortable shooting position. I want to find something lower profile. I think I will wait until I can afford a Trijicon or I may just go with the Eotech. Don't get me wrong, the Elcan seems to be a high quality unit, just seems too large and too heavy for my taste.