Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

School me on non-"F" height front sight base

O.k. I have a DPMS carbine upper with a non "F" height front sight base. I will be mounting a mil-spec A2 carry handle to the upper. My question is will I need a different front sight pin and if so will I need a taller one or shorter one. I'm thinking taller is correct but I'm over thinking this and confusing myself.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Taller but I'd try it first ......

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure the non-F marked tower is for use with the A1/A2 upper, so you should be good to go with the standard pin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Standard height (not F marked) are typically for use with non-flattop rifles. However, there are even front sight assemblies that are F height, but not marked, making things eve more confusing. Before buying or changing anything try for a 50 yard zero and see where you're at. If you need the + .040 front sight post, it is Bushmaster part #9349056-M.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my bushmaster 20'' barrel is non-f-marked' but it has a ''crown'' mark ?

it zeroed at 50 yards, so bushys front sight are F ? but not marked ?

peabody

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer5 View Post
    O.k. I have a DPMS carbine upper with a non "F" height front sight base. I will be mounting a mil-spec A2 carry handle to the upper. My question is will I need a different front sight pin and if so will I need a taller one or shorter one. I'm thinking taller is correct but I'm over thinking this and confusing myself.

Engineer5, if you mount a true milspec A3/A4 carry handle then you will very likely need the Bushmaster taller front post that Eric mentioned. If your carry handle is commercial height like the ones DPMS and Bushmaster sell your A2 height front should zero well even at 50 yards.