View Poll Results: What Gas System and Gas Tube Length do you prefer?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gas Impingement System

26 57.78%
  • Gas Piston System

7 15.56%
  • Carbine Length

7 15.56%
  • Mid Length

35 77.78%
  • Rifle Length

1 2.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

AR-15 Gas Systems

With the variance of different gas systems and lengths available for the AR-15 platform, I am curious what everyone prefers. You can select multiple options, but only select your #1 preferred gas system (Gas Impingement / Gas Piston) and your #1 preferred gas tube length (Carbine Length / Mid Length / Rifle Length). As always, the results will not show who voted for what. Thanks.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gas impingement midlength.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Gas impingement midlength.
    Yea...what Stick said!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gas impingement. Gas system length is irrelevant to me if it is properly manufactured and assembled.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gas Impingement Mid length here as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Direct Gas Impingement Rifle Length System, and my second choice is a Direct Gas Carbine Length System.
    Last edited by Bob Reed; 17 October 2010 at 07:19.
    "LONG LIVE THE FN-BROWNING-SAIVE HIGH POWER"

John Browning & Dieudonne Saive's Designs Will Always be Light Years Ahead of All the Others.

Fighting Anti-Gun Tyrants & Traitors is a 24/7 Job that Must be Done!

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning High Power, than shoot him dead with a plastic pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last round of qualification I used my Noveske 16" Light Recce mid-length (with BattleComp ). The rest of the guys were all shooting their issue Colt carbines. Passing the Noveske around, the comments were illuminating. Everything from "it has no recoil" to "what did you do to this rifle?" to one guy who accused me of trying to qualify with a .22 conversion kit. Absolutely sold on the the mid-length gas system.

Downloads
    Uploads
    gas impingement, carbine and mid-length. Carbine at work because it's a company gun and mid-length because I bought it and like it.
    I have a rilfe length but never get a chnace to shoot it as much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Chalk another for DI middy.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Duty gun is a select fire Colt M-4 with carbine length DI gas. It shoots smooth, and is a great weapon. My personal carbine is a standard BCM 16" with DI mid length gas system. I really like the middy gas system, not only for the shootability, but for the longer handguards that are used by the system while maintaining the standard front sight base.

Downloads
    Uploads
    DI, though I have and love my Carbine, Middy, Intermediate, and Rifle length guns for various uses.

16" Intermediate with Battlecomp is scary fast back on target. Need to get my 16" Middy shortened to 14.7" - my friend gives me crap all the time for how girly the recoil is, but I can put five rounds on target in the time he can put a pair of .308 holes.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have received a lot better response with this poll that I thought that I would get. Keep the responses coming!
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm currently enjoying my mid-length DI guns (and am not a believer in the GP hype) so that's my own personal preference right now. I was a late adopter and non-believer for a long time, but have come to enjoy them since I made the switch.

I still think everyone's first should be a carbine-length, and that everyone should have a carbine-length in the safe either way.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rob,
    Just out of curiosity, why do you think everyone's first ar should be a carbine? I am getting ready to start my first build and am leaning towards the mid length, but would like to hear more about advantages/ disadvantages of the carbine length.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have too much of a preference. Just give me an AR that is setup/gassed properly and I'm happy. Don't care if it is DI or Piston either.