Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Folding Front Sight Bases

I recently wrote an article for Military Times talking about the upcoming weapon testing that the US Army was going to be conducting. With the exception of the M4 clones being entered, it doesn't look like any of them will be stuck with a large FSB to clutter up the view through an optic.

I think its as possible that the Army will update the M4 as it is that they will actually replace it. To this end, I'm working on a series of articles that talk about Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) upgrades for the M4/ M16 platform. The Folding Front Sight Bases (FFSB) are the first of these articles.

My current contract with Military Times prevents me from posting it over here, but I think many people will find it an interesting overview of some of the various options that are on the market.

Of the Folding Front Sight Bases (FFSB) we had a chance to look at, the A.R.M.S., KAC, Vltor and Wilson Combat are featured. PRI also makes a good option, but I was not able to procure one in time for the article. No slight against PRI, but I've not been able to reach them on projects, which makes it difficult to shoot pictures or write about their items.

Each of the FFSB are made of steel, and are suitable for duty or hard use in my eyes. The options are available for all except the Wilson Combat model to pin the unit to the barrel, though I have no doubt that WC would offer that if a large enough order were placed, or there was enough interest shown. All of the FFSBs fold up and down, with the KAC and WC giving uses a button or switch. The A.R.M.S. and Vltor models are raised and lowered into position manually.

For more information, and loads of images, check out the below link.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...t-sight-bases/

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads