Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick,

Great write up. Sorry for the topic drift, but do you know the make/model of the fixed blade knife in the picture posted here? Stay safe.
    ---
    John
    1*

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja2438 View Post
    Stick,

Great write up. Sorry for the topic drift, but do you know the make/model of the fixed blade knife in the picture posted here? Stay safe.
    Bloodbone Knives USA in Louisville, KY

I saw this on Stick's flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgu...in/photostream

Downloads
    Uploads

Suspender attachment questions

I have a number of questions pertaining to the suspender attachment system.

1. What size are the sliders? They appear to be one inch.

2. How is the attachment system connected to the padding/duty belt? Is it sewn in? Can someone provide photos of the attachment points?

3. The rear attachment points appear to be in a good position, however the front pair looks as if they need to be moved closer to the duty belt's buckle.

Recommended improvements:

1. Use FASTEX slide lock buckles for the suspender attachmet points. ITW brand 1.5" LL Female. Dual Ladder Lock female size one and one half inch.

2. Include an attachment point in the front bottom near the duty belt's buckle for a groin armor plate sleeve/pocket.

I'm retired ARMY 27 years 1967-1994. I have worn and used in combat everything from pre ALICE frog keeper belts with the Y harness system to current issue MOLLE and plate vests. This belt system looks like a winner. All you need now is a quality suspender system.

I'm going to purchase one, attach various suspender systems and attach as many SAW pouches as I can then fill them with lead shot. I'll let you know if anything fails and how much weight was required for failure. I'll then eqip it with a standard combat loadout then go do a 20k walkabout through the mountains and swamps of North Central PA. I'll put this thing through the roughest terrain and vegatation I can find.
    Last edited by DanceswithSkunks; 18 May 2011 at 09:21. Reason: Additional info

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithSkunks View Post
    I have a number of questions pertaining to the suspender attachment system.

1. What size are the sliders? They appear to be one inch.

2. How is the attachment system connected to the padding/duty belt? Is it sewn in? Can someone provide photos of the attachment points?

3. The rear attachment points appear to be in a good position, however the front pair looks as if they need to be moved closer to the duty belt's buckle.

Recommended improvements:

1. Use FASTEX slide lock buckles for the suspender attachmet points. ITW brand 1.5" LL Female. Dual Ladder Lock female size one and one half inch.

2. Include an attachment point in the front bottom near the duty belt's buckle for a groin armor plate sleeve/pocket.

I'm retired ARMY 27 years 1967-1994. I have worn and used in combat everything from pre ALICE frog keeper belts with the Y harness system to current issue MOLLE and plate vests. This belt system looks like a winner. All you need now is a quality suspender system.

I'm going to purchase one, attach various suspender systems and attach as many SAW pouches as I can then fill them with lead shot. I'll let you know if anything fails and how much weight was required for failure. I'll then eqip it with a standard combat loadout then go do a 20k walkabout through the mountains and swamps of North Central PA. I'll put this thing through the roughest terrain and vegatation I can find.
    1" Uni-Loops are BarTacked on to the Belt.

When worn you will see the Front Suspender attachments are in a good position.

Not sure about SRB's for suspender attachment, as the Majority of suspenders attach with 1" webbing only.

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com
    topher@tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's some pics from a Carbine class on the 4th and 5th Where all I used was my SGPB...
    Funny thing is all the Instructors had SGPB's also..

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since I picked up a 1911 and built an AK, I'm switching up my setup from USGG pouches in favor of HSGI Tacos - planning to grab one 1x pistol and 3x rifle/pistol, so I have the option of running a pistol only class, a rifle class, or a shotgun class using shot cards. Gotta wait for payday first :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a silly request..
    Does anyone have a Picture of the SGPB and maybe TACO's, preferably black, on a LEO that can be used for an Article on a website?
    Even if it looks like an LEO thats fine.
    It can be emailed to topher@hsgi.us

Thank You!

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Topher,

If you've seen one of my images that would work let me know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Topher,

If you've seen one of my images that would work let me know.
    There are a couple of the LEO at the MD class, but the Author is looking for a TACO on it also.

Thank you though.

Triple Bravo's pic almost has what the author is looking for...

He's also looking for a pic of the Short Bus Patch in a "candid" shot on someone..

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Topher,

You have mail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FTW!

There we go!

Now all I need is a Pic of our Short Bus Door Gunner Patch on a Serviceman, or LEO while in the field. lol

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice setup B

Downloads
    Uploads
    After some UPS hilarity extending back into last year, ordering a size too large, and a ton of nylon gear in my stocking I've finally got my SGPB set up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been bugging Gene for a custom one-off, I can't wait for this thing.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good morning M24shooter- A great looking setup. What is the item in the black sheath above the dump pouch? Probably obvious but I cannot identify it........... thanks.