Downloads
    Uploads

Request Opinions

I am looking at forward sling mounts to set up a single to two point carry option and have narrowed it down to two very similar units, the GG&G and the Midwest Industries rail mounted HK style loops. I've looked at all the pictures and the MI appears to have a slightly larger loop which seems like it would be better for faster transitions but I've been told that the GG&G unit is better quality. If anyone has any experience with either or especially both I'd appreciate your opinions as to which you feel is better suited to the task and why and any feelings you have about the quality of the two items. Thanks.
    "Wheresoever the light is brightest, there also the shadows are darkest".

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have experience with either one, but I have the Gear Sector one, which works great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Paul. I am familiar with Gear Sector, I have their light mount, great quality but takes up more landscape than I'd like on the rail.
    "Wheresoever the light is brightest, there also the shadows are darkest".

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just looked them both up and I like the MI better because the HK loop is horizontal instead of vertical like on the GG&G. I also run a convertible 1-2 point sling and prefer the horizontal HK hook because it is easier to hook up the HK hook.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Plus a horizontal loop won't cause a quarter twist in your sling if you use HK snap hooks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Plus a horizontal loop won't cause a quarter twist in your sling if you use HK snap hooks.
    Great point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer the MI, though I don't use HK hooks often.