Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

PSA AR15 Lower: Bargain or Bust?

Found this item after reading a post on another forum and was curious as to if anyone here has experience/knowledge of it.

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/1560.php

The $69 (+$15 shipping) price tag seems almost too good to be true.
    Since I might be doing my own build up, instead of starting with a factory AR, I was wondering if I should avoid this particular part or not.

Features:
    AR15 MIL SPEC Lower (Forged)
    7075-T6 Aluminum
    Black Hardcoat Anodize per MIL-8625 Type 3 class 2
    Multi-caliber marking

Thoughts?
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. ~ Mark Twain

Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.
    ~ Stephen King

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I have one ordered. I ordered either Saturday or Sunday, It is supposed to ship out today, but no tracking number yet. Ordered my parts for the lower, they are on my couch, waiting for my new lower... Will post back when I get it.

Sent them an email last night to see if it has shipped, still no reply, no tracking number. Not exactly thrilled with them so far, I ordered the lower Oct 31, lower parts came in the other day, stock came in yesterday, still not even a tracking number from them. Ehh, maybe I am just spoiled by online companies that ship out the next business day.

Just checked my email, there was some delay, so they sent it out today, next day shipping.
    Last edited by Fred_G; 4 November 2010 at 16:46.

Downloads
    Uploads
    PSA is a good company and normally easy to deal with and in your neighboring state. The lower should be just fine for most builds, I wouldn't be afraid of it. Nice rollmark/logo too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: PSA AR15 Lower: Bargain or Bust?

Thanks for the info gentlemen. Think this might just be the thing that pushes me to do my own buildup.

The next thing to worry about is what upper will work well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Last edited by corlissimo; 14 November 2010 at 19:59.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. ~ Mark Twain

Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.
    ~ Stephen King

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are Aero Precision lowers with PSA markings... they're a deal if you can snag one that's in stock. While you're at it, pick up one of their bundled DD/Geissele LPK/Trigger packages.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    The price is dirt cheap!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Everything that I have seen come out of Aero Precision has been rock solid. I use an AP lower for my duty rifle and have taken it through a week long rifle course with around 1500 rounds fired during that week. I have never had a malfunction with that lower.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads

Palmetto State Armory Lower Receivers

Just an FYI

PSA has a new stock of lowers. They're on sale for $49.99 if anyone is interested.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/1560.php

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and bought a few. That price was just too good to pass up. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Roggio Arsenal boondoggle ... we'll see!

I'll let everyone know how it turns out after I've had a chance to build one up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and bought a few. That price was just too good to pass up. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Roggio Arsenal boondoggle ... we'll see!

I'll let everyone know how it turns out after I've had a chance to build one up.
    I don't personally own one, but I understand they're manufactured by Aero Precision. So it won't be a Roggio Arsenal deal. I was actually in the store today and was tempted to pick one up, but I opted for ammo related supplies instead.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hm, kind of sad I missed out on the deal.

But still:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/2261.php
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/1560.php
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/598.php
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/507.php

$806 + shipping for:
    16" carbine-length upper with FN hammer forged barrel
    BCG
    CH
    Stripped lower
    LPK
    Daniel Defense A1.5 fixed rear sight
    Magpul MOE pistol grip, stock, hand guards, trigger guard
    Buffer tube, buffer, buffer spring, end plate

Downloads
    Uploads
    Koshinn:
    Watch out for that Federal tax that may be levied should you buy a lower and other AR parts together. I would advise purchasing a lower from another vendor separately or not with the other products. I recall seeing some info about that on PSA's own website.
    -J

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanPioneer View Post
    Koshinn:
    Watch out for that Federal tax that may be levied should you buy a lower and other AR parts together. I would advise purchasing a lower from another vendor separately or not with the other products. I recall seeing some info about that on PSA's own website.
    -J
    Maybe two separate orders then?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed- separate orders reads wisest.

I recently assembled a carbine with a PSA 14.5" 5.56 Nato Upper (carbine gas) with pinned YHM 5C1 Flash hider - CL 4150 with a Midwest Industries T9 free float handguard and a PSA MOE Lower Build Kit on an Armalite lower receiver. The lower assembly was the smoothest yet. The lower parts were well oiled and had nice fit an finish. I used a vise grip instead of hammer on most of the pins. The upper/lower lockup is tighter than my CMMG Upper on an Armalite Lower.

I ran more than 200 rounds through it this evening at an indoor range. I expected it to be more snappy than it was. It was such a soft shooter with Federal 55grain ammo. I love the trigger- it breaks very very early to me. This rifle also feels very light to me and once again, not at all snappy as I have heard carbine systems described.

I can't think of anything in particular else to add, other than it's awesome, and the whole rifle (excluding aimpoint optic) ran me under 750 all in.

All I can speak to is my own personal experience and I am really pleased with all of the products that I have purchased and used from PSA.

Ask me any questions you may have about the kit. Enjoy a couple of shitty photos from in my workshop.

Thanks!
    -J

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got my PSA lowers last weekend. Built one up last night with a Rock River Arms LPK. No problems at all. Nice dark finish seems solid. Bullet pictograms, rollmark and text all very clean. They appear to be dimensionally accurate. Various uppers mate easily, mags lock in nicely, threads are good ... I would be pleased even if I paid a typical price. At $50, I am absolutely stunned. Consecutive serial #'s too - very cool!

Thanks for the tip corlissimo! This is some of the best money I've ever spent!

I'll post some pics when I have time.